Business Process Owner - Deal Desk
Position:Business Process Owner - Deal Desk
The Arrow Intelligent Systems (AIS) business unit is forming a Deal Desk to be the principal interaction point between the external customer and the internal AIS operational motion, and the internal sales function to the operations function. This function has been validated as a key component of the Global Sales Support and Operations value chain, and will consist of a team of 2 Business Process support owners who will build the enterprise infrastructure, tools, models and capabilities to ensure the Value Added Account Managers (or Solution Engagement Managers), can align customer opportunities to Arrow needs and facilitate growth of the Intelligent Systems business to $5B.
The role will be required to conceptualize and align on the right tools, structures and frameworks to allow the Value Added Account Managers to undertake the following accountabilities:
- Pipeline analysis and management:
- Monitor and analyze the opportunity pipeline to identify trends and related risks early in the process.
- Conduct regular review meetings with relevant business functions. Collaborate with relevant business functions to define key pipeline criteria to ensure a mutually understood opportunity set.
- Define and maintain dash boards for such pipeline criteria (e.g. pipeline growth, geographical splits, service types, sales cycles, win to loss ratios, service mixes etc.).
- Make information accessible to downstream and upstream departments and proactively notify them about findings using and expanding use of tools such as Salesforce.com, and the Global Services Catalogue.
- Deal qualification and engagement strategy
- Leading the opportunity assessment outlining strategy fit, potential & risks.
- Consultancy about AIS capabilities via our service catalogue, One Arrow offerings and potentially new services.
- Provide and maintain a qualification framework integrated into Sales force, which will transparently show the opportunity fit to relevant pre-established engagement criteria.
- Capture a holistic view of the customer requirements, motivation to engage, expectation on benefits and metrics to measure joint success.
- Define the engagement strategy based on market, business type, size, complexity and other factors.
- Facilitate communication and gather feedback from relevant business functions.
- Deal proposal and contracting
- Collect and document all proposal relevant information.
- Manage the development of new services (nonstandard) in close cooperation with relevant business functions. Facilitate the identification and compilation of all costs required to support the opportunity.
- Create a profitable pricing model and recommend resale price in correlation of the value we provide.
- Provide professional RFQ responses and associated deal collateral including statements of work, contracts etc., using approved templates.
- Lead and moderate the contractual discussions between customer and Arrow legal.
- Deal closure and transition to execution
- Support the sales motion and required negotiation collateral through presentation of the proposal and value propositions, including updates to established financial models, costings, pricings to policy etc.
- Update RFQ responses or proposals as required through the approval cycle, know and understand the approval cycle and establish and reinforce functional hand-off mechanisms.
- Manage and moderate escalations for contractual issues. Facilitate transition to downstream business execution functions.
- Provide the infrastructure for sales enablement through a service catalogue, risk management, contracting and profitability analytic services
- Provide collateral to support the AIS value proposition (slide-ware, position papers, check lists, best practices, negotiation frameworks etc.).
- Offer a training program on key Deal Desk building blocks e.g. Service Catalogue and other sales tools.
- Create and manage the business Services Catalogue inclusive of price points (high/low watermarks), customization of capability offerings to key vertical markets etc.
- Risk management & profitability reviews for new and existing business.
- Proactively monitor the pipeline of deals and ensure infrastructure, tools and capabilities exist to allow most deals to flow through a 'fast-track' process.
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 8 years or equivalent related experience.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Global Cloud Business Analyst
Jaqueline specializes in cloud business operations by helping new clients onboard and connect with Arrow’s marketplace, implement solutions, and understand best practices to optimize outcomes.
Back to top