Business Operations Specialist II
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
As a Business Operations Specialist you will be responsible for performing analysis, making recommendations and driving results in support of Arrow’s operational excellence goals (Clean Business) and the voice of the customer (The Perfect Order). You will also provide ongoing expertise and assistance to the sales management organization with regard to operational questions, and focus on operationalizing field processes.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist sales management with identification, gap analysis and resolution of accounts receivable issues (e.g. reconciliation issues, AR process issues, etc.). Approve new customer account set-up requests, analyze receivables and review quarterly DPO changes.
- Manage transitions from channel sales to PDP.
- Continuously review inventory levels and attend Monthly Asset Reviews with Product Specialist.
- Act as subject matter expert and support sales organization with assistance on operational issues and questions. Escalation point for Customer Service Representatives and Product Specialists on complex issues.
- Manage and maintain all Electronics Commerce for PDP accounts (set-up and disengagements). Ensure all supporting systems are maintained properly
- Weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting and analysis including root cause analysis & recommendations of business measurements and other key North America Components and Business Operations reporting.
- Participate in initiatives and special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) preferred plus 5-7 years experience in operations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret Key Process Indicators.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to calculate turns, sales, GP, DPO and analyze the overall health of the program and make recommendations to management.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically, Excel, Word, Outlook.
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top