Business Development Representative
Position:Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative is responsible for the expansion of market share through the sale of Sustainable Technology solutions (Data Security, Recycling, On Site Managed Services) in a defined territory by generating profitable sales in new Fortune 1000 accounts. Candidates for this position must be capable of providing solutions to customer product requirements, particularly involving the value-add capabilities of Arrow Electronics Components. The solution sale requires the BDR to work at and develop strong business relationships at executive management levels at the customer, with suppliers, and within Arrow.
The territory referenced above includes California, Nevada, Utah and Arizona so requires potential driving and overnight travel time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define new customer or critical markets in the territory; plan strategy and develop relationships.
- Maintain and promote relationships with customer contacts who may be determining design opportunities, and successfully manage existing business challenges.
- Ensure customer satisfaction as it pertains to supply chain management and other value added services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent experience and training
- 2-6 years of related experience selling ITAD related services, IT managed services or hardware solutions
- Proven record of success in inside/outside sales
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Proven Negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships
- Entrepreneurial skills: ability and desire to work with minimal supervision
- Valid Clean Driver's License and use of a vehicle
- Applies a sound understanding of concepts and principles in own technical area gained through substantial applicable work experience along with formal training.
- Independently resolves issues as they arise, utilizing available resources.
- Applies specialist skills and knowledge and may help to define the standards and specifications within their specialty.
- Quick study: able to learn and readily assimilate information/procedure.
- Evaluates sometimes-complex situations using multiple sources of information. Solves problems that are complicated or novel requiring the ability to filter, prioritize, analyze and validate dynamic material.
- Employs developed communication and diplomacy skills to guide, persuade and influence others internally or externally.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top