Business Development Manager- Oracle
JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager (Oracle Software)
DIVISION: Vendor Management
JOB LOCATION: Flexible
REPORTS TO: Business Sector Manager
The aim of the Business Development Manager role is to support the Sales Team in their named partner accounts (“Partners”) by providing them with the necessary business development, enablement, training and Oracle vendor specialisation including Product Knowledge, Programs, pricing and roadmap information.
Duties will include but are not restricted to:
- Meet/exceed revenue and margin targets for products and services for new and renewal business for Oracle that you have responsibility for (“Vendors”).
- Train and enable the Sales Team to articulate the basic Oracle message, and Arrow ECS key USPs so Oracle gets as much reach and coverage into the partner base as possible.
- Be able to articulate the overall joint value proposition of Arrow ECS and Oracle to both Partners and the Sales Team.
- Maximise opportunity for fulfillment business (i.e. switch/move business through Arrow ECS) by highlighting must win accounts and creating a target list to work on in conjunction with SBDM/BSM.
- Ownership and reporting on Oracle including Quarterly forecast and weekly predictions into SBDM/BSM with accurate and timely information on lead management, initiatives/programs, pipeline and Big Deal Tracker.
- Work closely with your Arrow ECS Business Sector Manager to plan out and create a generic Oracle Business Development Plan that will increase sales of their products, solutions and services and map out must win objectives and Strategic imperatives.
- Drive SmartHub PVP’s with the Sales Team into the agreed Partners and drive all actions against such plans in a timely and organized manner. These Oracle based PVP’s (Partner Vendor Plans) should map into the overall Oracle Vendor Plan defined in SmartHub written by SBDM or BSM.
- Design and execute specific initiatives/programs to deliver the partner specific Oracle Business Development Plan including assigning delivery responsibility between yourself, the Sales Team and the Partners.
- Recruit new partners and identify win back partners and the relevant plan to execute.
Plan & Review
- Understand Oracle business including core strategy, financial performance, business/growth goals and total UK revenue (including Arrow ECS’s share of wallet by revenue and product mix).
- Conduct monthly 1-1 business reviews with your Arrow ECS Business Sector Manager to ensure key performance metrics and objectives set out in Oracle Business Development Plan are on track.
- Interfacing with Peer level with the vendor, including Oracle relationship mapping for named partner accounts.
- Leverage the vendor territory salespeople within the named partner accounts for each vendor.
- Support the Sales Team to maximize sales of Oracle portfolio into the Partners to include (a) all products, solutions and services of Oracle, (b) all predefined company solutions where Oracle’s product constitutes a critical component of the solution and © all relevant Oracle programs and initiatives to leverage the profitability and growth within each of the Sales Teams Partners.
- Working with the Sales Team and their Partners to plan out and create a Partner specific Oracle Business Development Plan (into pre-agreed Partners using PVP Smarthub methodology) that will increase sales of Oracle’s products, solutions and services into the Partners that fully leverages the combined resources, expertise, strengths and differences of Oracle, the Partners and Arrow ECS. This should include Lunch & Learn, Call out Days & Lead Generation campaigns.
Plan & Review
- Understand each Partner Account Plan and how it relates to the sales of Oracles product, services and solutions.
- As pre-agreed with the relevant Sales Team, attend regular meetings within the Partners to include QBR’s, Executive, Marketing, Finance and Technical in order to drive the Partner Account Plan.
- Provide a monthly management report to the SBDM/Business Sector Manager.
- Full understanding of the Partner Ecosystem for each generic Oracle Business Development Plan to include (a) the name of each supporting Sales Team, (b) the underlying Partner Account Plan (if applicable) and © those Oracle programs and initiatives that will enable the Sales Team to leverage profitability and growth within each Partner.
- Regular communications with each Sales Team for the named partner accounts where you play a supporting role to include (a) forecasting into SBDM/BSM (b) the co-ordination of your combined contact into each Partner and © the co-ordination of all actions set out in the partner specific Oracle Business Development Plan (PVP)
Operational & Execute
- Responsible for Oracle Escalations
- Regular education/training of all relevant departments ( i.e. Sales, Purchasing, Q & C, Sales Support, Finance) on the following elements of your Oracle ecosystem:
- Oracle Programs and Lifecycles
- Product Knowledge and Roadmaps
- Provide site sellers covering key product & service USP’s
- Q & C including Cross Sell & Up Sell where possible
- Renewals Management
- Accountability – Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborates – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others
- Drives Results – Consistently achieves results, takes on new opportunities and tough challenges
- Customer Focus – Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer centric solutions
- Innovation – Creates new and better ways for the organisation to be more successful
Hours of Work
The company’s standard hours of work are 9.00am – 5.30 pm with one hour for lunch, however due to the nature of this role flexibility will be required in order to meet the needs of the role. In addition this role is externally facing and therefore there will be the expectation that you will be required to travel upwards of 50% of the time.
 As a guideline, vendor side responsibilities should consume no more than 25% of your time.
  As a guideline, Partner side responsibilities should consume at least 75% of your time.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top