Business Development Manager - Lighting
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Business Development Manager
Arrow Electronics, Inc.
At present we have an outstanding opportunity for a Business Development Manager along the East Coast (Boston, NY, NJ, Raleigh, North Florida) focused on the Lighting Vertical Market
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing, managing, and creating the relationship between the organization and suppliers, customers and/or vendors within the Lighting Vertical Market by establishing and cultivating relationships with key individuals at target companies. Assists with the development and execution of strategy and business development. Manages the sales, marketing, and/or product teams, as assigned, to implement business development initiatives. Provides market intelligence; evaluates, develops, and manages market specific sales strategies and new strategic business opportunities; and ensures execution to sales growth plans. Drives results through demand identification and demand creation opportunities.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build influential relationships with strategic suppliers, customers, and vendors within the business group’s specific market and technologies. Serve as liaison between the supplier, customer, and vendor corporate resources and local Arrow management, providing market trends, opportunity identification, tracking and closure.
- Manages the sales, marketing, and/or product teams, as assigned, to implement strategic plans and business development initiatives.
- Develop and execute strategy and business development for the territory/region/market. Partner with sales team calling on customers and provide market expertise, territory knowledge, and account information.
- Research and analysis of business opportunities and strategic plans for their region. Execute comprehensive marketing and sales plans and programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives of the organization.
- Collect and leverage competitive landscape. In-depth knowledge and understanding of their customer base and supplier intelligence. Utilize information for their respective markets.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Collect and leverage competitive products and marketing activities. Make recommendations for strategic inventory.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Five or more years of experience in a sales and or marketing environment in system solution selling at executive level. Experience in customer facing roles.
- Knowledge of the Lighting Vertical market and technologies a huge plus.
- Ability to develop and present complex ecosystem architectures to clients and internal clients from the device level to the enterprise computing level and understand the business opportunities at the different level within the ecosystem.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries, including understanding the value proposition as well as defining customer solutions and engaging the appropriate resources to solve client architecture issues.
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top