Business Development Manager - IoT
Business Development Manager - IoT
Purpose of Position: Drive new IoT Arrow Electronics business opportunities, solutions and end-customer solutions/partnerships.
Essential Duties of Position:
Specific Responsibilities Sales/Business Development:
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible for Arrow Electronics solution development for IoT services enablement across targeted vertical(s), and act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for these business areas. This position will have ownership and lead IoT solution development for key enablers in IoT devices and deployment across Arrow's prospect base. This position will be tasked with ensuring prospect development and acquisition of new clients positioning Arrow as a leader in the IoT services enablement market.
The BDM will develop a trust-based, value add relationship with the CXO, SVP, VP of Industry. The successful candidate will maintain and develop sound business relationships with clients and internal team, and position Arrow Electronics as a resource to utilize for new projects. This person will provide oversight in the sales engagement and ensure effective sales management processes are in place so that the qualification, quality, schedule, service delivery and profitability goals are met and exceeded, and drive value for Arrow Electronics.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Set short and long term direction for the sales engagement process within the Americas defined territory and targets
- Identify and close on new client opportunities for Arrow Electronics
- Manage a matrixed decision-maker hierarchy and Account plan to execute on the sales strategy and ensure consistent pricing, targeted quota, planning and high quality service delivery are met.
- Leverage Arrow Electronics Management Executives and other senior Business Unit Leadership within the account when appropriate to strengthen client relationships and drive high revenue growth
- Network externally to stay relevant within the assigned vertical and territory
- Build and manage influential relationships with IoT Suppliers Service Carrier, Cloud, Module, IoT Industry, Compliance and clients.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Minimum 5+ years of proven enterprise solution selling and or IoT experience and direct account sales experience of national accounts preferably in enterprise software sales
- Working knowledge of IoT market/industry
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of a vertical assigned market, client business and technology issues and the competitive landscape
- Ability to present ideas in effectively to individuals or groups and express ideas and information clearly, plus proven relationship building abilities
- Proven experience in driving high volume business development and high client satisfaction in complex accounts
- Demonstrated ability to lead a virtual sales process in a consultative sales capacity that results in exceeding multiple quota elements
- Demonstrated ability to sell and lead delivery of complex engagements and creative solutions
- Expertise in establishing trusted advisor relationships up through CXO levels
- Ability to exert strong leadership skills to deal with senior client executives as well as align the individual business lines to develop the customized solution
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts and issues in client terms to all levels of management and staff
- Software sales and business development experience including cultivating opportunities, qualifying opportunities, scoping work efforts, closing on sales and finalizing contracts
- IoT end-to-end ecosystem experience
- Experience in developing product and solution offerings
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top