Business Development Manager - Check Point
JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager
DIVISION: Networking & Security
REPORTS TO: Business Group Manager
As a key member of the Networking & Security Team, the prime function is to actively drive sales, develop and successfully take Arrow’s Check Point business to market.
The successful candidate will be a professional sales person who can demonstrate consistent over achievement within a sales role; they will be self-motivated, focused and will be able to demonstrate a proactive approach to driving incremental sales.
Duties will include but are not restricted to:
Working with Arrow Account Managers (Internal Sales) and Key Account Managers (External Sales), to identify the key reseller partners with good potential to develop sales of the vendor’s products and services.
Working with these partners to ensure they have all the tools necessary to realise their sales potential, namely:
- Execute successful business plans with channel partners
- Build and maintain strong relationships within the vendor
- Build and maintain strong relationships within the channel customer base
- Identify new partners and engage and enable accordingly to drive incremental sales
- Initiating marketing campaigns for the partners to find new leads.
- Working with Account Managers and Key Account Managers to ensure purchasing will buy from Arrow.
- Regular and accurate forecasting of opportunities, providing detail for both short and long term deals
- Enable partners by providing regular sales training either face to face or via webinar and facilitating the delivery of technical training
Gain a high level profile and trust within the partner base to ensure Arrow are brought in on larger projects. Taking ownership of those projects, where appropriate dealing with the end user to ensure key benefits have been understood, competitors eliminated, objections removed, budget approved and that they move to a successful conclusion.
The successful candidate will be a professional sales person who can demonstrate an established career of achievement within an IT sales environment including the ability to sell sometimes complex solutions to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Self-motivated with a hardworking and proactive approach.
- Natural propensity to adopt a structured approach i.e. Managing time in the office and on the road, determining who key decision makers are and the dynamics of the sales of complex projects.
- Ability to learn product benefits and key technical concepts (training will be given).
- Self-starter with outgoing personality but with an unselfish team player mentality.
- Sound business acumen and ability to understand and interact with customers of all types.
- Numeracy, totally comfortable using a PC for communication, planning, forecasting calendaring, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of any of the products distributed by Arrow and channel sales desirable.
Competencies (Individual Contributor)
- Accountability – Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborates – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others
- Drives Results – Consistently achieves results, takes on new opportunities and tough challenges
- Customer Focus – Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer centric solutions
- Innovation – Creates new and better ways for the organisation to be more successful
Hours of Work
The company’s standard hours of work are 9.00am – 5.30 pm with one hour for lunch, however due to the nature of this role flexibility will be required in order to meet the needs of the role. In addition this role is externally facing and therefore there will be the expectation that you will be required to travel upwards of 50% of the time.
Back to top