Business Development Manager
Position:Business Development Manager
Position Title: Business Development Manager
This key role requires a person with a strong initiative and work ethic that can assist in creating new markets and opportunities for Arrow's Programming and Value Added Services capabilities. This individual based on customer feedback and industry trends would make recommendations for product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential. Your primary responsibility is to profitably grow and support sales in areas that are currently not being serviced by Arrow's capabilities. This responsibility would encompass our North American Programming centers and the support of our existing customer base while grooming opportunities with new customers who have not historically used Arrows Services.
- Identify, evaluate and penetrate customers who can utilize our company manufacturing and engineering service capabilities
- Integrate the relationship between Sales, Customer Service, and the Operations required to support growth in Services.
- Determine and recommend reasonable market strategies & goals for each product and service
- Obtain & coordinate data & information from the targeted market & member customers
- Research and develop a lists of potential customers in North America and partner with Sales target them with phone, email and face to face contact
- Utilize market research to determine customer needs and contact these customers personally to facilitate sales growth
- Evaluate service marketability in terms of customers' technical needs
- Define, recommend and assist in the distribution of the Programming and VAS collateral
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets
- Maintain a clear understanding Arrow's current and long-term capabilities
- Develop and deliver sales presentations in a professional and effective manner to this marketplace:
- Develop and deliver sales and marketing proposals for customers on technical products & services
- Develop and prepare business presentations to Arrow management relating to how we are to penetrate, nurture and service the market and its requirement
- Provide a weekly report to the Executive management as to the progress made within this responsibility
- Communicate openly, honestly and constructively
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
- Monitor, record, analyze and report on activities, trends, results and recommendations related to Sales and Program level activities.
- Bachelor degree in related area or equivalent work experience
- 5 to 7 years related experience
- Minimum of five years experience in outside product sales and marketing, preferably in the electronics industry.
- Management experience, including successfully implementing and managing a sales force
- Ability to retrieve, manipulate and present data
- Strong project management and multitasking skills with adherence to deadlines
- Ability to recognize opportunities and communicate to direct leadership
- Ability to work well both independently and in a cross functional team environment
- Strong MS Access, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Experience working with a TMS, WMS and other Supply Chain systems
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top