Business Analyst IV
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Reports To: IT Manager
The Product Owner will utilize the Agile methodology to carry out their responsibilities. Imagine building the foundations for multi-lingual, multi-currency ecommerce websites that support global business for customers from all over the world. Our team is highly energetic, collaborative, and passionate about our work. We pride ourselves on adherence to Agile programming methodologies, resulting in well-functioning processes that consistently deliver on-time, on-target features while minimizing unnecessary meetings and busywork. We mix up responsibilities, never allowing our team members to become siloed, and are always exploring the latest technologies. We’re looking for a team member who wants to work hard, find innovative solutions, and see results in real-world applications.
This role is responsible for driving the requirements for eCommerce software products. This includes Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, product and project management activities related to the software development lifecycle, specializing in integrations and service offerings between Arrow eCommerce and its customers, internal and external. Activities include requirements gathering and analysis, documentation, design input, scoping of releases, project management, user acceptance testing as well as developing processes and workflows that support the product by working with internal and external stakeholders. The software covered includes applications to electronic components, warehouse management, supply chain management, eCommerce and more.
- Collect, document, prioritize and manage enhancement requests from internal and external sources.
- Participate in the release planning and scoping processes that determine the product roadmap.
- Author detailed product requirements and develop use case documentation.
- Participate in UI design sessions.
- Provide feedback to development and QA team on requirements clarification.
- Review QA test scripts and interface with QA team to ensure all product features are accurately tested.
- Approve validated functionality for deployment into production.
- Establish and run user focus groups and beta testing programs.
- Maintain updated product and system documentation as changes are made along the development cycle.
- Negotiate trade-offs with key stakeholders
- Complete other tasks, such as services management, partner integration, client relationship management, competitive analysis and team building exercises as necessary.
- 3-5 years of experience working with software products and/or programs, particularly in requirements definition, documentation and project management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and negotiating prioritizations.
- Comfortable working within a small, dynamic company environment.
- Experience working with outside vendors and interfacing with client contacts.
- Search Engine Optimization
- Excellent documentation skills in authoring product requirements and use cases for software development.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical details regarding web application development and deployment.
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and consistent follow-through.
- Highly professional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding troubleshooting capability for ferreting out issues and driving resolution.
- Proven ability to take the lead in assigned responsibilities with light supervision.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Experience in the electronics industry supply chain, preferably with a very thorough understanding of the processes and terminology of component distribution and order fulfillment.
- Knowledge of warehouse management.
- eCommerce, global search, and general website design background.
- Technical skills such as SQL, Web Service APIs, etc.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top