Big Data Engineer
- Denver, CO
Big Data Engineer
This is a great opportunity for Devops Engineers or Linux Administrators wanting to expand their abilities into Big Data tools.
Join the Big Data team at Arrow and support many applications that drive supply chains and other critical business infrastructure for other fortune 100 companies.
Big Data at arrow is integral to many internal and external dashboards, intelligence systems, machine learning models, pricing systems, etc.
We manage the Big Data Infrastructure for Arrow as a whole and work with cutting edge hardware and open source software to deliver the best possible performance, reliability, and cost to our end users.
What You'll Be Doing
- Become an expert in the configuration and management of (Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Impala, Presto, Zookeeper, Kerberos, and others.)
- General Administering of the Hadoop Environment (Restarts, Updates, User Creation, Permissions)
- Work with existing automation tools for the cluster to install or update components and modify configurations.
- Work with and learn from other highly qualified engineers working on the Hadoop stack.
- Help design administrative workflows and best practices for permissions, application management, deployments, etc.
- Work with other engineers, to research new components and solutions for data virtualization and additions to the ecosystem.
- Help conduct root cause analysis and monitor log events aggregated from Hadoop clusters. Engage in research and testing to reproduce or resolve errors.
- Monitor and help configure alerts in our stack (Prometheus, Grafana, Consul) across Big Data Components.
- Help chart a course for hybrid on-premise and cloud Hadoop environments.
What We're Looking For
- Excellent Linux skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and within a group.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are a must.
- 4 year degree or related work experience.
- Database concepts / SQL
- Operating systems (Unix, Linux preferred)
- Automation Experience
- Networking concepts (10Gig / Infiniband
What's In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That's why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Deeply discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles (availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees! (availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
US-CO-Denver, Colorado (Panorama Arrow Building)
Back to top