Big Data Developer I
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Arrow Digital is a growing and fast-paced division of Arrow Electronics, a leading electronics components distributor and provider of enterprise computing solutions. The decision support team within Arrow Digital is seeking a flexible and talented big data developer at its headquarters in Denver, CO. The big data developer will develop decision support systems consisting of predictive and optimization models, algorithms, and data processing workflows for the eCommerce business units within Arrow Digital.
- Independently research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge models, algorithms and workflows for decision support systems
- Support the continued development and maintenance of existing decision support systems
- Collaborate with business leaders and project managers to plan development and move prototypes to more advanced stages, up to and including production
- Participate in code, documentation, and workflow maintenance as needed
- Take part in infrastructure upkeep and maintenance
- Support the decision support team in fulfilling ad-hoc analyses and data requests from business leaders
- Strong technical contributor and a skilled quantitative thinker
- Able to easily transition between the theoretical to the concrete
- Passionate about the value of using data to make better business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to learn while doing, and able to operate under conditions of uncertainty with minimal supervision
- Understanding of both traditional and ecommerce business metrics
- Effective communicator
- MS or PhD in an applied quantitative field, such as engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years experience developing and implementing decision support systems in a business intelligence analyst or data scientist role
- Experience with map-reduce, Spark, or another distributed computing framework
- Expert knowledge of machine learning mathematics, including optimization methods
- Expert knowledge of at least one programming language, preferably Python or Java
- Intermediate or better SQL development skills
- Skilled user of Linux and OS X command line interfaces
- Proven capacity to drive code to a released stage
- Proficiency with one of Java,C,C++ or another procedural language
- Proficient with VCS and JIRA
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top