Big Data Analyst
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Arrow Digital is a growing and fast-paced division of Arrow Electronics, a leading electronics components distributor and provider of enterprise computing solutions. The decision support team within Arrow Digital is seeking a flexible and talented analyst at its headquarters in Denver, CO. The analyst will work with executives and business users to define technical solutions to business problems for the eCommerce business units within Arrow Digital, independently develop prototype solutions, and collaborate with the development team to implement those solutions in production.
- Work with business leaders across eCommerce to understand decision support needs
- Independently plan, propose and implement one-off and proof of concept decision support systems
- Collaborate with the Big Data development teams to plan and move prototypes to more advanced stages, up to and including production
- Deliver results to business users via project plans, progress reports, formal reports, and presentations
- Prepare and maintain documentation for all projects through tickets and technical manuals
- Participate in code and workflow maintenance as needed
- Passionate about the value of bringing technical solutions to bear on complicated business decisions and processes
- Able to bring order to chaos through thought, planning, and organization
- Possess a mix of both technical skills and business knowledge
- Intuitive understanding of the interface between technology and business
- Strong technical contributor, quantitative thinker, and intellectually fearless
- Able to operate across multiple business contexts simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to learn while doing and at home operating under conditions of uncertainty with minimal supervision
- Experienced and talented communicator
- MS in a quantitative field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 3 semesters of advanced or applied mathematics, preferably in statistics
- Project management or agile methodology coursework
- 3 y experience independently identifying, developing and implementing technical solutions for business problems
- 3 y experience in a Project Management, Product Owner, scrum master, or consulting role
- Experience using statistics to analyze both traditional and ecommerce business metrics
- Advanced SQL development skills
- Advanced skills with at least one scripting language (e. g., Python or PHP)
- Capable user of common statistical analysis methods
- Proficient with Google Analytics, microstrategy, crystal reports or another BI suite
- Proficient with VCS and JIRA
- Proficient with at least one ERP
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Proficient with Linux, OS X, and Windows
- Comfortable working with a command line interface
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience in a full stack development role, including front-end web applications
- Knowledge of predictive analytics, machine learning, or advanced statistics
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top