BI / Reporting Developer II, Specialist-MicroStrategy
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The IT Program/Analyst will perform designs, build, test, and implementation within the MicroStrategy Semantic Layer.
- Perform Microstrategy Project design while ensuring that requirements are met. Perform development tasks to create MicroStrategy schema objects, public objects and reports.
- Generate appropriate unit test plans and assure quality of work.
- Produce technical design documentation. Participate in planning sessions with the project team to analyze business requirements.
- Contribute to the database design through collaboration with BI analysts, Data Analysts and Data Modelers.
- Provide support for all phases of testing such as integration testing, and user acceptance testing
- Work independently under the guidance of a Technical Lead/Project manager
- Collaborate with other team members in creating optimal, maintainable, and scalable Architecture
- Follow enterprise standards and guidelines during all phases of development lifecycle
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Expected to be proactive in identifying and escalating issues that will have an adverse impact on the project
- Interact with IT management and other teams at a highly professional and technical level
- Demonstrate accurate and complete understanding of project scope.
- 5-7 years of experience with Business Intelligence tools required
- 3 years of experience with Microstrategy architecture and project development
- Relational database design and development
- (Oracle, Teradata) strong SQL skills
- SQL development
- Strong database skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top