Asset Associate III
Asset Associate III
The main purpose of this job is to manage day-to-day responsibilities associated with supporting customer specific material planning engagements, including ordering, expediting, deferring and general order management responsibilities. In addition, the buyer/planner must build supplier relationships, which include negotiation and identification of supplier inability to meet materials requirements plans. Function as a key liaison between customer service and the supplier base.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review, analyze and interpret various reports to determine requirements based on material availability, inventory levels and lead times.
- Assist in establishing reporting and paperwork requirements to advance, delay or cancel previously scheduled materials and coordinate all supplier requirements and action plans with other departments. Research alternatives when schedule changes or delays are identified.
- Proactively resolve problem situations, often complex, with our suppliers and various company departments or team members related to selection of sources, deliveries, specifications, quality, and quantity variations while remaining within company inventory guidelines.
- Take a proactive role in the promotion of good communications between all functional areas and our supplier base.
- Proactively identify and recommend opportunities for improvement and implement changes that have a positive impact on the business.
- Working with peers, develops and executes business plans on specific supplier products, supporting company goals through the development of competitive purchasing and stocking strategies.
- Forecasting and inventory review, product life cycle management.
- Placement of initial PO's and monitor to alter or cancel inventory order.
- Sludge report review-write offs, write downs, returns.
- Resolving sales/supplier related issues/questions and negotiate special returns.
Experience / Education :
- Typically requires a 4-year degree and 1-2 years of experience or a 2 year degree and equivalent related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking at a fast pace using time management and prioritization skills.
- Able to understand and evaluate metrics and apply process improvement metrics.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with extensive experience using MS Excel
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Back to top