Applications Engineering Internship - Summer 2017 Full Time
Applications Engineering Internship – Full Time – Summer 2017
Centennial, CO – (Denver Tech Center)
Arrow Electronics – www.fiveyearsout.com
Who is Arrow Electronics?
Globally headquartered in Denver, CO, Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services, and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions, with 2015 sales of $23.28 billion. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in over 85 countries.
A Fortune 120 company with 18,500 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial, and consumer electronics.
Arrow provides extraordinary value to customers and suppliers – the best technology companies in the world – and connects them through the company’s industry-leading services.
Why Be an Intern?
- Hands-on approach to learning and applying your degree
- Chance to network with 160+ interns across the U.S.
- Small forums with our Executives and past interns
- Stretch your presentation skills in front of our VP’s and Directors
We have exciting opportunities for Electrical, Mechanical, and Computer Science Engineering students.
Arrow’s engineering team solves comprehensive embedded solutions across broad markets, leveraging extensive leading technology. Enabled through Arrow’s many world-class supplier partners and our current expertise in architectural and design consultation, you will help pull the pieces together. Your active involvement in creating ideas and solutions for customers, and solving many design challenges will provide a rewarding experience. Working within a centralized team of Design Engineers who offer expertise across all major embedded technologies, your talent and success will reach a wide audience and make a difference.
- Act as a resource for field technical team and liaison with customer engineers
- Provide comprehensive, alternative PEMCO (Passive Electromechanical and Connector) design solutions for customers
- Understand and deliver full gamut of PEMCO solutions for applications, including tools, interoperability with active components, 3rd party design services, etc.
- Deliver ideas appropriate for specific applications swiftly and professionally
- Understand and execute successful Arrow and supplier demand creation strategies
- Interface and coordinate with a number of Arrow internal resources as well as supplier product and strategic marketing contacts
- Provide expertise and assistance in a variety of early design services to accelerate customer time to market and provide them with a competitive edge
- Build relationships with industry subject matter experts
- Attend key supplier training events and participate in online training
Education & Experience
- Currently enrolled in a university and pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Engineering or Computer Science
- Available to work full time (40 hrs/week) during the summer (May or June through early August)
- 3.0 GPA or Higher
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills
- Ability to deliver creative and innovative thoughts
- Able to objectively craft, compare and contrast multiple solutions per application
- Thrive on new technology while staying grounded in practical solutions
- Ability to prioritize based on opportunities and effectively multitask are a must
This is a paid internship.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top