Applications Engineer III, Senior
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Arrow is currently seeking a Senior Java Developer with comprehensive knowledge of Web Development technologies. The candidate will maintain existing Java applications as well as design and develop new Java applications. The individual will independently lead the solution delivery and ensure projects are completed on time according to established specifications and are properly documented.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently lead the entire technical delivery from solution to deployment contributing to the success of project(s).
- Understand business needs and processes; identify solutions, present and guide project team/sponsors in identifying best solution.
- Participate in requirements analysis; design applications based on system requirements and architecture, prototype if necessary, develop, unit test and deploy applications.
- Contribute to the enhancement of application development/delivery standards, tools and processes.
- Provide production support that includes evaluate defects, investigate cause and devise solutions to address defects.
- 5 to 8 years of experience designing and developing applications using Java and Web Development technologies
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering (Master’s preferred) or equivalent working experience
- Experience with Concurrent Programming in Java
- Experience debugging JVM issues including thread and heap analysis
- Experience using Object Oriented Analysis and Design in Java
- Hands-on experience with build and deployment tools and languages including Eclipse, Maven, GIT and shell scripting
- Working knowledge of database concepts and SQL
- Experience in all aspects of system development lifecycle methodologies including agile development
- Experience using presentation frameworks – Angular JS, JQuery, HTML 5.0
- Cloud computing experience using AWS and/or Azure
- Experience with Hadoop and/or other Big Data technologies
- Experience with Oracle and/or MySQL
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- Ability to lead junior and mid-level developers in technology delivery
- Strive to constantly improve the application development processes and tools
- Good communication and ability to convey technology solutions to business
- Quick learner of new technologies and tools
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top