Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Capturing customer requirements and apply expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems.
- The engineer should have solid experience in software development of applications from the requirements gathering phase to design, development, testing, implementation and documentation of the application. Conveyor control/storage retrieval applications included.
- Monitoring and maintaining warehousing applications to ensure reliability/functionality
- Ability to work with other functional technical areas including business analysts, DBA's, Network Engineers, Quality Assurance specialists, Project Managers, and warehouse personnel.
- Develops and monitors vendor performance, relating to duties specific to their service level agreement.
- Serves as the primary contact for production issue notification, escalation and resolution from our vendors.
- Ability to acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of operational, logistical, business processes.
- Serve as a focal point subject matter expert of warehousing activities.
- Assist with off-hour production support of our Warehouse Management Systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Domestic and International travel may be required.
- Bachelor level degree in a CS discipline or 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience supporting equipment and software within a highly volatile large distribution center.
- Experience with warehouse equipment from an application and operational perspective (Conveyor, AS/RS, Scanners, PLC)
- Experience working with vendors for software support.
- Working understanding of PLC (program logic controller) programs.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to monitor and manage the progress of tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in development/support of a warehousing applications.
- Experience implementing and supporting warehouse management applications, including those that control hardware.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top