The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
As our newest team member, you will be a part of delivering innovations developed for our eCommerce world presence. Our eCommerce presence must not only provide shopping access to over 300 million searchable products, highly interactive design tools, and live access to specialists, but also continue to keep pace with the demand for the Internet of Things. By 2020, there will be an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the internet. As an Applications Engineer on Arrow’s premier eCommerce website product, you will be a part of connecting engineers to the information and products they need to build these devices.
Your work will directly contribute to the future of the internet, five years out.
You will apply your skills and knowledge to research, design, implementation and delivery of highly scalable software solutions. You are someone with a strong desire to research and apply the latest technologies for continuous delivery of Arrow’s eCommerce solution. We are looking for someone who is excited to be a member of our team and flourish by contributing their years of experience to our collective growth and success.
Our team is highly energetic, collaborative, and passionate about our work. We pride ourselves on our adherence to Agile development methodologies, resulting in malleable processes that consistently deliver value while minimizing unnecessary meetings and busywork. By sharing responsibilities, Agile team members contribute by exercising their strengths and are always exploring the latest technologies. We’re looking for a team member who wants to work hard, find innovative solutions, learn more about the leading edge of web technology, and see results in real-world applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and develop processes and tools to support Continuous Deployment
- Work closely with Product Owners, Business Analysts, QA Analysts, and Test Automation Engineers in an Agile environment to ensure quality, security, and consistent delivery of functionality
- Develop processes and implement solutions to manage multiple, highly available website deployments across multiple cloud datacenters
- Mentor junior developers on technical approaches and best practices to support continuous deployment
- Challenge established norms and innovate
- Contribute to the success of your team and company
- Make a difference
- A passion for accomplishing great things by creating industry leading development and operational environments.
- Build management and Continuous Integration server technologies such as TeamCity
- Deployment technologies such as Octopus Deploy
- Managing website delivery environments from development to productions
- 6+ years of .NET/Open Source Web Development experience
- Cloud virtualization management skills
- Computer network configuration including firewalls, routers, etc.
- Datacenter and server monitoring implementation and response process creation
- Experience using Agile methodologies and tools such as Scrum and JIRA
- Experience providing and consuming REST/SOAP APIs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Software architecture experience in an enterprise size environment
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years’ experience utilizing comparable skills in a comparable software development environment
PREFERRED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Large scale management and deployment of CMS/.NET based websites
- Experience developing and deploying website using Sitecore, or other CMS solutions
- Implementation of production web monitoring and performance tools
- Large eCommerce website development experience
- 5+ years’ experience working within an Agile development methodology Scrum
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Healthcare insurance
- Vacation/Paid time off
- 401(k) plan, retirement plan and/or pension
- Flexible schedule (e.g., work from home)
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top