Applications Architect/Development Lead
Position:Applications Architect/Development Lead
Senior Java Developer
- Designs and develops software solutions to meet business requirements. Manages full software development life cycle including testing, implementation, and auditing. Performs solution design, bug verification, and beta support, which may require research and analysis.
- Execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. Analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion, and participate in software upgrades, revisions, fixes and patches as mandated by the vendor.
- Design, develop and document specifications throughout the project life cycle.
- Guide developers on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems; review work of development teams.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes
- Typically resolves complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist
- Often leads the work of project teams; may formally train junior staff
- Works independently
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 6 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
- Assist with technical design for solutions to business requirements
- Develop server APIs to support client applications
- Perform complex, intensive business-to-business integration development
- Troubleshoot and fix defects
- Perform performance tuning
- Document designs and implementation
- Mentor junior team members on development techniques
- Ensure team members develop using best practices including Unit Testing and Code Reviews
- Strong Java background in a team environment
- Experience designing and developing relational database-driven applications (PL/SQL preferred but not required)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design and practices
- Experience working on the server side of client/server, web-based applications, preferably using Web Services
- Demonstrated ability to develop scalable solutions from business requirements
- Experience working with Git repositories
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with the Agile development methodology
- Knowledge of build systems such as Maven, Ant and Jenkins
- Experience with testing frameworks like JUnit and Selenium
- Familiarity with a Mac/Linux development environment
- Experience with writing basic SQL statements
What is in it for you?
- Training Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow's technology.Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.http://benefits.arrow.com
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top