Application Engineer II
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
We have an exciting opportunity for an Applications Engineer to work full time (40 hrs/week) at our Englewood, CO lighting lab location.
ETG’s engineering team develops comprehensive solid state lighting solutions for a wide variety of lighting applications. ETG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Arrow Inc., and as such has access to the world class supplier network and latest technology in the solid state lighting space. As an Applications Engineer within ETG’s engineering department you will facilitate the transition of designs from development to production, manage and create manufacturing documentation, and work with our manufacturers to optimize production.
- Support the technical needs of the production/ manufacturing team, including troubleshooting
- Create and maintain manufacturing documentation and work instructions
- Review and process ECN’s and update needed information accordingly
- Collaborate with the design team to optimize designs for manufacturing
- Deliver ideas appropriate for specific applications swiftly and professionally
- Interface and coordinate with a number of Arrow internal resources as well as supplier contacts
- Provide expertise and assistance in a variety of manufacturing technologies related to LED lighting
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage several projects at once
- Ability to analyze defects and write corrective actions to address the defects
- Good people skills and the ability to effectively interface with internal and external personal to resolve issues
- Ability to assist in the development of new products, evaluate designs and documentation for production, and support process and quality improvements
- Assist in creating product definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs
- Interacts with suppliers to ensure compatibility between requirements and process capability
- Makes recommendations regarding improvement of quality, productivity, manufacturing time, and reliability
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in engineering
- Minimum of three years of applied experience in manufacturing/process engineering
- Experience with SMT and PCB production
- Experience with AOI and X Ray equipment
- Experience with injection molding, casting, stamping, and extrusion processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills.
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top