Analyst, Network Security
Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions, with 2015 sales of $23.3 billion USD. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
A Fortune 119 company with 18,500 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including Telecommunications, Information Systems, Transportation, Medical, Industrial and Consumer Electronics.
Arrow’s India IT Center of Competency (COC) is the IT global services arm of Arrow, providing IT services to Arrow operations across North America (NA), Europe, Middle East, Africa and South America (EMEASA), Australia, New Zealand (ANZ) and Asia. We are dedicated to designing, developing, and managing some of Arrow’s mission critical applications, while achieving cost efficiencies for Arrow’s global operations.
Arrow is looking for skilled and experienced professionals with an innovative spirit for their Center of Competency in Bangalore and Pune. If you are enthusiastic, willing to learn, ready to take new initiatives and are absolute team players then take a leap aboard. We are sure you will find an exciting new work place and challenging work environment.
Position: Analyst, Network Security
Experience: 8 – 10 yrs
Education: B.E/ B. Tech/ MCA/ M. Sc (CS)
- Experience in performing network, systems, and security engineering from a project / deployment / implementation perspective.
- Professional security management certification, such as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other similar credentials, is desired.
- Strong understanding of security technologies and strategies, including but not limited to: firewall, IDS, policy management, security processes/best-practice, logging/monitoring, antivirus, vulnerability assessment, patch management and incident response.
- UNIX/Linux system administration experience. Windows a plus.
- Experience in engineering skills apart from support.
- Analytical thought needed to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations. Job covers a wide range of activities that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought.
- Solid understanding of network topologies / design: routing, switching, DNS, and MPLS/VPLS
- Solid understanding of common and emerging attack vectors, penetration methods and countermeasures.
- Experience with mobile device security and BYOD controls.
- Experience with perimeter-based content management and threat protection utilizing proxy technologies as well as zero-day threat discovery and prevention.
- 24×7 On-call technical support on a rotation basis
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Proficient in root cause analysis and remediation to avoid future outages
- Ability to communicate, written and verbal, to both technical and non-technical co-workers
- Must have the ability to multi-task and track the status of multiple projects and issues at once
- Willing and able to share IT knowledge, solutions and tips with others
- Ability to document procedures and processes
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Flexible to work extended hours and weekends when required for support and project related activities
- Experience with:
- Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, F5, Infoblox, Aruba, Fireeye
- Routing technologies and protocols (MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- VPN creation and troubleshooting (IPSEC and GRE)
- Packet sniffer (Wireshark, etc)
- Configure and setup Firewalls/Security appliances to protect corporate assets and to facilitate secure access to vital business applications (client and site-to-site VPNs, DMZ designs)
- Design, configure, and maintain internal and external DNS environments
- Design, configure and maintain load balancers
- Design, configure and maintain proxy solutions
- Create and maintain documentation for use by operations and support teams.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support
- Troubleshoot malfunctions of security technology hardware and software to resolve operational issues and restore services
- Troubleshoot network and security performance problems through the use of network analyzers and packet capturing technologies
- Proof of concept evaluations
- Project management for IT Infrastructure-related initiatives
- Disaster Recovery simulation exercise pre-planning and on-site support as needed
- Work closely with enterprise architects, other functional area architects and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout all IT systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Help project teams comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices.
- Consult with other IT teams and business units regarding risks, standards of due care and appropriate information safeguards to align with information security policies and standards.
- Research and analysis of emerging security technologies and solutions.
- 3rd level support and troubleshooting of network and security related problems.
- Participate in security event and incident management activities.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top