Accounting Internship - Summer 2017 Full-time
Accounting Internship – Summer 2017 Full-time
Centennial, CO (Denver Tech Center)
Arrow Electronics – www.fiveyearsout.com
Who is Arrow Electronics?
Globally headquartered in Denver, CO, Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services, and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions, with 2015 sales of $23.28 billion. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in over 85 countries.
A Fortune 120 company with 18,500 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial, and consumer electronics.
Arrow provides extraordinary value to customers and suppliers – the best technology companies in the world – and connects them through the company’s industry-leading services.
Why Be an Intern?
- Hands-on approach to learning and applying your degree
- Chance to network with 160+ interns across the U.S.
- Small forums with our Executives and past interns
- Stretch your presentation skills in front of our VP’s and Directors
We have exciting opportunities for Accounting students. The Accounting Intern will function in a role similar to a Staff Accountant by evaluating transactions and records to the general ledger as necessary to ensure the financials are accurate and complete. The intern will also function in a role similar to SEC/SOX Staff Analyst and will assist with the timely and accurate preparation of external quarterly financial reports to be files with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for the day to day function of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance efforts, including coordination of resources, review of work, ensuring test results are properly documented, and any other issues are appropriately raised.
Requirements & Skills
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
and an anticipated graduation date in 2017 or 2018
- Available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer (May or June through Mid-August)
- 3.0 GPA or Higher
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize based on opportunities and effectively multitask
- Experience using Microsoft Office with intermediate excel skills (Vlookups & Pivot Tables)
- Detail oriented mindset
- Familiarity with accounting principles
This is a paid position
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top