PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Position requires the ability to sell supply chain solutions to technology driven companies. Account Manager is responsible for defining, developing, prospecting, servicing and nurturing an account base by extracting requirements, creating opportunities, negotiating sales variables and closing sales orders. The successful candidate should be able to use consultative selling skills to clearly understand the customer's business requirements and recommend Converge solutions that will solve their business issues. Responsible for meeting or exceeding the performance standards set forth by the Director.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Sell electronic components and technology products to new and existing customers.
- Successfully qualify and prospect for new accounts.
- Developing and execute a winning sales strategy by listening to and understanding the customer's business needs.
- Successfully negotiating price in order to close sales while maintaining profit margin guidelines.
- Develop plans and tactics in order to consistently achieve or exceed an assigned monthly sales objective.
- Ability to meet or exceed quotas for GP margin, outbound calls, phone time, etc.
- Marketing Converge offerings to new and prospective customers.
- May get involved in purchasing electronic components from customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- BA or BS in business, marketing or related.
- At least 5 years' work experience and proven track record of success in similar role.
- Proven ability to develop business relationships and penetrating and growing business from accounts.
- Previous experience in direct sales, consultative sales, or account management for an industrial independent or franchised distributor is a plus.
- Advanced problem solving and issue management skills.
- Must be highly motivated, have a passion for sales and proven sales success with the ability to drive revenue within accounts.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products required.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
- Some travel required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This position involves sitting and or walking for considerable lengths of time.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Contact Email: [email protected]
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top