The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Works with Resellers, Business to Business, Integrators, and OEM’s selling computer hardware and software products (PC’s, Notebooks, Desktops, Tablet computers, Servers, Storage and other computer related hardware products, services, printers, and other accessories). Sales responsibilities include customer account management, revenue growth, and new business development. Establishes and manages business relationships and partnerships with customers and Resellers in a defined sales territory working out of a remote office.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with established Resellers and customers.
- Implement effective, creative, revenue-generating sales strategies.
- Work toward short- and long-term sales goals set by the Sales Manager.
- Set personal sales performance measurements and goals.
- Gather feedback from customers to determine their current and future needs and develop strategies to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Advise Resellers concerning sales and advertising techniques to help sell product.
- Analyze sales statistics to formulate or revise sales strategies.
- Conduct telemarketing and other prospecting functions.
- Notify appropriate management of problems and recommend solutions.
- Periodically represent Seneca Data at trade association meetings and sales conferences.
- Deliver sales presentations to key clients and/or senior management
- Work with business development, marketing and production staff to resolve problems/issues.
- Anticipate customer needs and be proactive in offering Seneca Data products and solutions.
- Provide explanations for budget overages and lower projected sales volumes
- Advise management on any important information regarding competitors’ products.
- May be responsible for contract negotiations and/or maintenance and updates
- Represent Seneca Data in a professional manner; striving for total customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for overall profitability and growth of department sales
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 3+ years’ sales experience in a technical sales environment, such as computer hardware and or software sales, selling to Resellers, Business to Business, Integrators and/or OEM’s.
- The ideal candidates will have experience selling complex computer solutions while increasing revenue and possess a solid track record. Sales experience in computer technology is preferred. Knowledge of computer solutions that integrate hardware and/or software along with sales experience in storage, desktops, notebooks and other related products is preferred. Experience selling technical solutions into Vertical Markets such as Digital Signage, Security and Surveillance and/or Digital Broadcasting.
- High School Diploma
- College Degree Preferred (major in business, sales, marketing, government studies, etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Office Products. (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to develop strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Strong knowledge of Reseller Marketplac.
- Strong technical skills: strives to continuously build technical knowledge and skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and Customer Service Skills.
- Technical aptitude. (Computer Hardware & Software)
- Ability to sit at a desk, computer station and/or table for extended periods.
- Ability to travel independently to attend various meetings, trade shows, conferences, etc.
- Ability to converse verbally and in writing with others.
- Ability to do some lifting up to 30 pounds on a limited basis.
- Ability to utilize multi-line phone system, computer monitor and keyboard (data entry).
- Travel required approximately 5% (local, regional and national)
Information or qualifications that may be important for this position:
Demonstrate understanding and commitment toward our vision of creating the best customer experience for quality and value in technology, manufacturing and logistics and to being a leading provider of total computing solutions for our clients. This is a demanding position that requires a self-motivated, positive individual who is flexible and enjoys challenges.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top