Account Development Representative II
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Account Development Representative
Operating as part of a field sales team, the Account Development Representative is primarily responsible for delivering profitable sales results by identifying and focusing on new accounts and growing under penetrated customers within the small to mid-size markets within an assigned sales territory. This role is focused both on building and maintaining influential customer and supplier business relationships by staying abreast on current and future industry policies, practices, products, trends, technology and information affecting their territory. The Account Development Representative will negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external customers and is able to win concessions without damaging relationships. The Account Development Representative will use their relationship and trust leverage with other parties to gain more profit and revenue for the company.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead generation, qualification and new business development
- Penetrate new and under penetrated accounts
- Drive customer demand
- Develop strategic customer sales/marketing plans
- Bachelor’s degree (BA), preferred in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Distribution, Electrical Engineering
- 1-2 years industry/sales experience
- Distribution and/or supply chain experience preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills
- Requires a self-starter who has the ability to prioritize, multi-task and deal with pressure
- Time management, organization and customer service skills
- Ability to sell, negotiate, persuade and influence
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of customer and supplier
- Proven business development and the ability to originate new business, converting a lead into a qualified prospect
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top