Account Development Representative I
Position:Account Development Representative I
This position supports the Components business unit of Arrow Electronics and focuses on building sales for the Wisconsin territory. Candidate will work as part of a regional team from a remote virtual home office with frequent travel within the territory. Sales experience is required, but training in the electronics components business is offered. Position is commissioned but offers an entry level base salary. If you are looking for a long term field sales opportunity and have about a year or more of progressive and profitable inside or outside B2B sales experience, we encourage you to apply
Operating as part of a field sales team, the Account Development Representative is primarily responsible for delivering profitable sales results by identifying and focusing on new accounts and growing under penetrated customers within the small to mid-size markets within an assigned sales territory. This role is focused both on building and maintaining influential customer and supplier business relationships by staying abreast on current and future industry policies, practices, products, trends, technology and information affecting their territory. The Account Development Representative will negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external customers and is able to win concessions without damaging relationships. The Account Development Representative will use their relationship and trust leverage with other parties to gain more profit and revenue for the company.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead generation, qualification and new business development
- Penetrate new and under penetrated accounts
- Drive customer demand
- Develop strategic customer sales/marketing plans
- Bachelor's degree (BA), preferred.
- 1+ years industry/sales experience.
- Distribution and/or supply chain experience preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills.
- Requires a self-starter who has the ability to prioritize, multi-task and deal with pressure.
- Time management, organization and customer service skills.
- Ability to sell, negotiate, persuade and influence.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of customer and supplier.
- Proven business development and the ability to originate new business, converting a lead into a qualified prospect.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Global Cloud Business Analyst
Jaqueline specializes in cloud business operations by helping new clients onboard and connect with Arrow’s marketplace, implement solutions, and understand best practices to optimize outcomes.
Back to top