Account Development Representative
Position:Account Development Representative
The Account Development Representative (ADR) will drive sales growth through new customer acquisition and rebuilding of underpenetrated relationships with Arrow customers. This role is focused both on building and maintaining influential customer and supplier business relationships by staying abreast of current and future industry and competitor's products, trends, technology and information. This position will generate leads and follow-up on leads obtained through suppliers and Arrow internal sources. This position will call on customers; provide product information, and follow-up on quotes to close business for Arrow. The ADR seeks to provide an appropriate solution by understanding what the customer is trying to accomplish. This role also spends time in a needs analysis process to determine a prospect's fit with Arrow's products and services. The ADR coordinates resources to provide solutions and close sales opportunities. Develops and maintains broad, influential relationships with customers, suppliers, and Arrow colleagues.
Demand Creation: Drives sales growth through new customer acquisition and rebuilding of underpenetrated and neglected relationships. Identifies and targets emerging areas for high growth, profit, and differentiation. Generates leads and follows-up on leads obtained through suppliers and Arrow internal sources.
Sales Generation: Drives and creates their own opportunities and product selection within their territory by having a fundamental understanding of all of Arrow's solutions, matching those solutions to customer business needs. Grows profits and maximizes margins by solving the customer's business problems with value-added Arrow solutions. Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with customers and is able to win concessions while maintaining good customer relationships.
Relationships: Builds and maintains influential customer and supplier business relationships by staying abreast of current and future industry and competitor's products, trends, technology and information. Must be able to converse with senior management and C-level/executive level personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Distribution, Supply Chain, or Industrial Engineering, with a minimum of 1 – 2 years sales experience or an Associate's degree with a minimum of 3 years sales experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills.
- Time management, organization, and customer service skills are essential for this role.
- Must be able to prioritize, multitask, and deal with pressure. Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have the ability to sell, persuade, influence and negotiate. Must have demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of customers and suppliers.
- Proven ability to originate new business and convert a lead into a qualified prospect.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top