24*7 Shift Network Operations Engineer
JOB TITLE: 24/7 Shift Network Operations Engineer
DIVISION: Professional Services
JOB LOCATION: Newmarket
REPORTS TO: Services Manager
Provide technical support and coordinate managed services delivery to our Global customers and partners from our prestigious Network Operations Centre (NOC). Our services are varied and include best of breed vendors such as Check Point, Blue Coat, Juniper, F5 and more so there is lot’s to learn.
The ideal candidate would be someone who is passionate about networking, security, Linux and all things technical.
You will have the opportunity to acquire lots of new skills, so the ideal candidate will be keen to learn and embrace new technologies and commit to rapid skills development.
Duties will include but are not restricted to:
- Provide 2nd & 3rd line technical support via email/telephone to our global customers, using initiative to help customers as much as possible. A percentage of calls will be of a complex technical nature.
- Resolve escalated support incidents from our customers and partners.
- Replicate customer configurations as required to troubleshoot complex errors.
- Provide out-of-hours 1st line support, answering incoming calls and logging new cases as required.
- Coordinate the activities of our HW replacement service within targeted timescales.
- Progress simultaneous high-profile/high-priority issues.
- Monitor managed network infrastructure 24/7 and investigate any issues that arise.
- Routinely test hardware for technical and aesthetic defects.
- Be willing and able to partake in a continental shift pattern covering days and nights (four on, four off) including weekends and public holidays.
- Undertake to develop and maintain technical skills in selected products.
- Undertake training to achieve and maintain accreditation in selected products.
- Ability to acquire skills and develop quickly is essential.
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritise work accordingly is essential.
- A positive cheerful disposition.
- Be articulate, clearly spoken and able to deliver telephone support in a friendly & professional manner.
- Be a team player, ability to work both within a team and individually.
- Excellent customer service skills & strongly motivated to help customers.
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, both telephone and written.
- Display a thorough understanding of basic networking protocols.
- Understanding and experience of TCP/IP, routing, switching and related protocols.
- Understanding and experience of network environments and topologies.
- Ability to solve problems.
Desirable Knowledge & Skills:
- Administration, installation and troubleshooting of Windows or Linux based devices and networks.
- Experience of structured fault-finding in a technical environment.
- Experience working shift patterns.
- Previous experience in busy technical support departments.
- Delivers Results (Drive for Results)
- Customer Service Excellence (Customer Focus)
- Influence and Relationship Building (Peer Relationships)
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Priority Setting
- Functional/Technical Skills
Hours of Work:
12hr shifts, organised in four day blocks (alternating between days and nights) each block separated by a four rest period.
Back to top