1st Shift Lead Technician
Position:1st Shift Lead Technician
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a 1st shift, Production Team Lead in our Gahanna, Ohio location. The Production Team Lead is responsible for the day-to-day functions of the team that he or she is leading. These responsibilities include the administration of the functions, which include the testing, data erasure, repair, and quality assurance of assets processed in the department. This position will be responsible for the Server Area. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set up and test PC systems, laptops, servers and peripheral product at an expert level Responsible for training of associates in the area
- Serve as a backup to the function of all levels of Test Operators
- Coordinate and monitor the work load and flow of all Operators, Clerks, and Material Handlers assigned to the Testing area to assure that standards for efficiency, quality, safety and housekeeping are maintained
- Assist the Production Supervisor in the maintenance of departmental records and reports.
- Assist in the training of employees as it pertains to company work methods, processing procedures, and technical skill development;
- Assist the Production Supervisor in planning and maintaining departmental goals and objectives;
- Refer issues and problems to management and/or appropriate support groups as necessary
- Assist in the reporting of accidents and injuries to the department manager and other designated points of contact (HR, EHS)
- Other duties as assigned. Basic Qualifications:
- Ability to read and write English, ability to read and understand written work instructions.
- Tolerance for the physical demands of working in a warehouse (ability to stand, lift up to 50 lbs., bend and kneel for extended periods of time in an environment that is not climate controlled)
- Expert knowledge in setting up and testing of PC, laptop, network, server and peripheral product.
- Demonstrated maturity and ability to coordinate and motivate a team.
- Ability to work overtime as needed and be flexible with shift changes
- Education / Experience: High school Diploma / GED. 2 years experience as an EAD Technician is preferred.
- Skills: Leadership ability, continuous process improvement, customer service skills, conflict resolution, clear and concise verbal and written communication skills, WMS experience.
- Functional Knowledge: Expert knowledge in setting up and testing of PC, laptop, network, server and peripheral product. Must have a broader knowledge of other areas in order to understand how they related to the specific work required.
- Business Expertise:
Good understanding of how the team integrates with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area (such as department or branch).
- Leadership: Provides training, allocates work, checks progress and completion.
- Problem Solving – Ability to analyze information and resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of technical experience guided by precedent.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer skills - MS Office with strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with requirements pertaining to the ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, RIOS, & R2 standards.
- CompTIA A+ Certification
Location:Columbus (Value Recovery)
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Global Cloud Business Analyst
Jaqueline specializes in cloud business operations by helping new clients onboard and connect with Arrow’s marketplace, implement solutions, and understand best practices to optimize outcomes.
Back to top