General Manager, A|X South Miami Beach
The Armani Group is one of the leading fashion and luxury goods groups in the world today with 10,500 direct employees, 12 production plants and more than 2,704 boutiques in 60 countries around the world. It designs, manufactures, distributes and retails fashion and lifestyle products including apparel, accessories, eyewear, watches, jewelry, home interiors, fragrances and cosmetics under a range of brand names: Giorgio Armani, Armani Collezioni, Emporio Armani, AJ Armani Jeans, A|X Armani Exchange, Armani Junior and Armani Casa. The General Manager is responsible for the overall sales, profitability, customer service, operations, visual strategies, and inventory management for their assigned location. General Managers must promote a fun and positive work environment that fosters open communication, encourages teamwork, and inspires.
Responsibilities include all but are not limited to the following:
- Drive for Results
- The ability to be a brand ambassador and have a passion for delivering the ARMANI selling experience to our clients while ensuring all team members provide the highest level of service.
- Demonstrates sales leadership for the team by playing an active role on the sales floor with a personal accountability for sales results while maintaining a minimum sales per hour goal.
- Supervises and motivates the store team, providing inspiration to drives sales and exceed customer service expectations through coaching, providing effective feedback and reward and recognize accomplishments.
- Drives sales results through the successful planning and execution of company merchandising guidelines.
- Ensures the store standard and replenishment expectations are understood and adhered to by all employees.
- Human Resources
- Resolve all HR issues in a timely and effective manner, partnering with the HR Department when necessary.
- Writing and administration of all performance appraisals to ensure results.
- Ensures managers are trained and that bi-weekly one-on-ones occur consistently.
- Recruits, interviews, trains, and develops a quality staff for the store.
- Ensures all positions are filled in a timely manner.
- Ensures all employees are trained on the steps of ARMANI selling techniques, product knowledge, and loss prevention and that frequent one-on-ones are conducted.
- Ensures the sales floor is adequately covered by scheduling associates to productivity while maintaining payroll budgets.
- Exhibits proficiency in computer programs used by the company - Word, Excel, Kronos. Ensures all paperwork is completed promptly with attention to detail.
- Maintains efficient systems for receiving stock shipments, transfers, markdowns, and handling of defective merchandise.
- Communicates all inventory issues to the appropriate parties.
- Assists in general housekeeping duties within the store.
- Loss Prevention
- Ensures all cash handling and LP policies and procedures are consistently enforced.
- Ensures store's profits are maximized through effective inventory control.
- 3+ years of Sales Manager experience including a minimum of 1 year of General Manager experience for a specialty apparel store.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong operational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines concurrently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to lead a staff and respond positively and appropriately to change, ambiguity and adversity.
- Open availability and able to work a flexible schedule including holiday, nights, and weekends.
- College degree preferred.
Meet Some of Armani's Employees
Assistant Marketing Manager for Beauty
When a new campaign launches at a Giorgio Armani cosmetics counter, you can bet Marc’s been behind the scenes—from the campaign idea to the in-store display. And he's also the one running the numbers to make sure it’s a success.
Back to top