Buyer, Giorgio Armani Women's
The Armani Group is one of the leading fashion and luxury goods groups in the world today with 10,500 direct employees, 12 production plants and more than 2,704 boutiques in 60 countries around the world. It designs, manufactures, distributes and retails fashion and lifestyle products including apparel, accessories, eyewear, watches, jewelry, home interiors, fragrances and cosmetics under a range of brand names: Giorgio Armani, Armani Collezioni, Emporio Armani, AJ Armani Jeans, A/X Armani Exchange, Armani Junior and Armani Casa.
Description of Responsibilities:
- To oversee the daily operations of Giorgio Armani Women's classification ensuring the seasonal merchandise strategies support the business concept and meet financial plans.
- To be accountable to the total Giorgio Armani Women's division's sales results, inclusive of gross sales, net sales, gross margin and sell through results.
- To support all facets of the buy process for Giorgio Armani Women's Product for the US.
Overview of Critical Duties:
- Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales performance, carry-over performance, inventory analysis, replenishment and gathering marketplace/trend information.
- Partner with GA Spa and management in developing brand appropriate merchandise strategies, which incorporates product trends, historical data and field input.
- Analyze Open-To-Buy and take action as necessary; recommending changes to future on order, pricing or markdown strategies.
- Formulate and continually evaluate pricing strategies with price point analysis and market benchmark.
- Communicate with GA Spa and management through meetings and store visits regarding relevant sell-thru analysis, quality and quantity feedback and best/worst sellers.
- Create and implement effective product knowledge through the division inclusive of product knowledge tools and seminars.
- Identify and recommend Giorgio Armani brand positioning in industry and strategic vision defined at the corporate level to ensure financial targets are met.
- Partner with planning and management to complete top down and bottoms up planning for each dept both seasonally in business plans and monthly in Open-To-Buy.
- Provide clear feedback to GA Spa about customer needs related to pricing, merchandising mix and fit.
- Support GA Spa in completing the season order inclusive of the portion already allocated by the Milan Merchandising office
- Work with Visual team to create strong floor sets and accurate documents in order to drive sales.
- Enhance future department strategies in-season where needed and provide appropriate and timely direction to the cross- functional team to react quickly to customer and business trends.
- Maintain expert knowledge of industry through store visits and competitive analysis.
- Build and maintain effective business plans and relationships for all 3rd party resources.
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- College degree preferred
- At least 5-7 years of experience in the field
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
Meet Some of Armani's Employees
Assistant Marketing Manager for Beauty
When a new campaign launches at a Giorgio Armani cosmetics counter, you can bet Marc’s been behind the scenes—from the campaign idea to the in-store display. And he's also the one running the numbers to make sure it’s a success.
Back to top