- Houston, TX
If you're a goal-oriented results-driven professional who appreciates recognition of a job well done, then consider a career at Argo. Argo is currently recruiting for a Surety - Underwriting Assistant to assist our Surety team in the underwriting process of surety bonds. The individual that fills this position, with strong surety experience, will work remotely.
We reward employees for their accomplishments; we value the diverse ideas they generate; and we encourage and applaud the impact they make in our company and our communities.
- Working as a Surety - Underwriting Assistant, the select candidate will provide support to the Surety Commercial and Contract Department. The position will have extensive phone contact with agents and clients and assist in inputting new bond transactions, endorsements and supporting surety underwriting information management, updating agency information, and providing general office administrative functions as needed.
- Process Surety business through data entry supporting national organization.
- Communication with Home Office staff, field staff, internal and external customers, attorneys, and Surety IT personnel
- Apply considerable independent judgment to complete complex or specialized assignments/tasks working within defined policies and procedures to optimize planned business results.
- Apply advanced level technical knowledge of Surety Operations Processing policies and procedures acquired through experience in job area or through advanced level technical training.
- Process, coordinate and/or validate data and documents to ensure quality and customer satisfaction.
- Provide Administrative Support to Home Office personnel.
- 3 - 5 years in Surety Underwriting Support
- Learns quickly and demonstrates an open attitude when facing new problems, processes, or procedures, and takes advantage of diverse sources of information to solve problems
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment as well as independently
- Demonstrates the ability to produce error-free work and achieve high levels of accuracy
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work in order to accomplish the most important individual objectives.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to complete tasks and assignments in a high volume work environment
- Strong PC skills, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Argo will provide to you with:
- An opportunity to be your best and work with talented and inventive professionals at a Company Forbes magazine named to its list of America's 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies for the last two years and that A.M. Best has rated an 'A' (Excellent) for thirteen consecutive years.
- An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents' lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, a matching 401(k) Plan, generous PTO and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning and which, by the way, got us named in Training magazine as one of the Training Top 125 Companies!
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%.
- An Employee Referral program, that resulted in 30% of all new hires last year.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top