- Chicago, IL
Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality Commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities. Our experienced underwriting team is dedicated to providing effective solutions for all types of companies. We hire the best people, so we can deliver the best solutions.
We are looking for a highly capable Underwriting Assistant, Argo Pro to join our team and work from our Chicago (IL) office. This position will provide support and assistance to the overall underwriting function through customer service, maintaining policies and procedures, processing underwriting transactions, data research and analysis, and other various tasks, as needed.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Assist underwriters in carrying out their essential duties and responsibilities to enhance the overall performance of the division through utilization of systems and guidelines.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with underwriters, customers and business partners to provide high quality service to clients.
- Issue binders, policies, cancellations, endorsements, reinstatements, and related activities within established service standards.
- Interact with brokers to assist with follow up for underlying information, subjectivities as well as addressing account inquiries.
- Adhere to Argo Pro Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Other duties as assigned.
Core qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College course work or degree preferred
- General knowledge of Professional Lines Insurance strongly preferred
- Must be able to function effectively in a time sensitive and high-volume environment
- Flexible and adaptable to changing direction, adjusting priorities and/or work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to work autonomously in a fast-paced, production-oriented environment
- Intermediate analytical ability
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with agent/broker workforce
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision and in team environments
- Professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills
- Detail-oriented with initiative and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
In addition, you'll want to make sure you embody our core values as they are how we get the job done:
• The entrepreneurial spirit
• Doing the right thing
• Respecting each other
We offer our employees:
- An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents' lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, a matching 401(k) Plan, generous PTO, Paid Caregiver Leave, Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks), and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning and which got us named in Training magazine as one of the Training Top 125 Companies.
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%.
- A lucrative Employee Referral program that resulted in 30% of all new hires last year.
- Flexible Work Arrangements that include Compressed Hours, Flex time, Job-Sharing, Part-Time and Remote or Home Working, Sabbatical Leave and Summer Hours that give our employees the balance they need to excel at their jobs.
About Argo Group
- We have a very flat organizational structure, enabling our employees have more interaction with our senior management team, especially when it relates to reviewing large losses.
- We believe in building an inclusive and diverse team, and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top