Underwriter, Commercial Surety
- Denver, CO
Argo Surety, a member of the Argo Group, was launched in 2008 to provide unparalleled service to its chosen agents and customers by offering a broad selection of surety bonds serving a diverse range of businesses and industries.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. At Argo Group, we leverage the success, discipline and expertise of our people and an understanding of our customers' needs to provide a diverse portfolio of products and services. Simply stated, our products and services help businesses stay in business.
Argo Surety currently has a challenging opportunity for an Underwriter in Commercial Surety.
- Underwrites, Analyzes and services complex commercial Surety accounts.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and reviews new business with VP of Commercial Surety as necessary.
- Responsible for producing new accounts from assigned group of agents/brokers or designated geographic area.
- Through a disciplined sales management approach, develop and leverage productive agency/client relationships based on a high level of visibility with agents, brokers and clients.
- Analyze exposures and determine the appropriate surety coverage and conditions, and the assignment of premium amounts
- Use business acumen to perform, gather and review information on financial conditions, risk exposure, loss history, and economic trends that may impact the terms and conditions offered to the client
- Manage renewal business.
- Accountable for accurate underwriting documentation/information in account management system and adherence to documentation standards
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting.
- 2- 5 years experience in Underwriting Commercial Surety bonds.
- Ability to exercise good business judgment when handling our clients.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to manage time and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to produce error-free work and achieve high levels of accuracy.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed by position and/or manager.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and manage many tasks simultaneously in addition to comfortably interacting with people in small groups and social situations.
- Must have strong PC skills, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
In addition, you will share in those core values which are key to our success; having courage to do the right thing, inspiration/innovation/creativity, harnessing the potential of all individuals and sharing a commitment to excellence.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top