Sr. Product Management Analyst
- New York, NY
JOB TITLE: Senior Product Management Analyst
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Supervisor - Product Management
JOB PURPOSE: To support Underwriting Business Units through the management, maintenance, and development of insurance products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop/revise contractual forms/endorsements and manage/maintain the company's portfolio of forms for a variety of commercial insurance lines in support of Underwriting Business Unit initiatives.
- Collaborate with Underwriting Business Units to create enhancements and revisions to their products.
- Maintain the Company's forms library regarding "state of the art" criteria, and in consideration of market needs, regulatory changes, case law, and in compliance with insurance laws in all 50 states and the District of Columbia (admitted lines of business).
- Analyze ISO Circular information and create revisions to forms when needed.
- Collaborate with Underwriting Business Units to write rules of application for forms, for use in rule manuals and policywriting systems.
- Evaluate and analyze new insurance products and arrange for implementation/integration into Company's forms portfolios, issuance systems and Rate/Quote/Bind processes.
- Function as Project Manager for major product revision/implementation actions, including coordination of activities for Underwriting, Regulatory Compliance, Actuarial, Implementation Team, Claims, Marketing, and Operations, and interface with IT.
- Research emerging issues related to the Company's products and operations and make recommendations to management.
- Develop background information needed for executive reviews of coverage and form issues.
- Train/educate Underwriting and Claims personnel on significant changes to coverage forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree;
- Insurance educational studies such as IIA and CPCU;
- Demonstrable experience in previous product development with a minimum of 3 years commercial property and casualty (Standard, Specialty, and Excess & Surplus Lines) product development experience preferred;
- Very strong written and verbal communications skills; detail orientation; problem solving skills, project management (non-IT); knowledge of regulatory/compliance functions;
- Experience with ISO Commercial Lines Manuals; ISO Circular analysis; knowledge of ISO, NCCI, and AAIS web resources;
- Knowledge of contracts and legal basis of insurance;
- Proficient in the use of computer applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Knowledge of underwriting issues concerning Property & Casualty lines.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top