Senior PI Underwriter - Based in Milan or Zurich
- Milan, Italy
Main Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Head of Professional Lines Europe and providing support in delivering our long-term plans across Europe with responsibility for monitoring and reporting on budgets, income targets and performance whilst supporting the functional infrastructure.
Maintaining our key relationships on major accounts and developing new opportunities and relationship across our target European markets.
To underwrite a profitable portfolio of Professional Indemnity (PI) business focusing on Binders (Delegated Underwriting Authorities).
Pro-actively supporting the development of underwriting and procedural guidelines regarding risk exposure, renewal, acceptance, mid-term adjustments, denials and reporting.
Providing assistance to other regional underwriters on a referral / conferral basis and underwriting input on more complex insurance programs.
To be a champion for delivering our European objectives through the application of disciplined underwriting and controls.
- Execution of the underwriting strategy
- Contribute to the achievement of business plan targets
- To underwrite binders and open market business
- Develop and maintain a profitable portfolio of PI business across Europe
- Manage existing relationships and build new partnerships with Brokers and Coverholders
- Provide underwriting support and feedback on complex cases
- Contribute to the development of new products
- Monitor aggregate limits
- Maintain superior product and market knowledge
- Ensure the productions of appropriate accurate and timely management reports
- Knowledge of at least one major European market, additional country/market knowledge will be beneficial
- Extensive knowledge of PI products
- Case level underwriting experience of Binders and Open Market business
- Technical underwriting knowledge (analytical and wordings expertise)
- Experience of portfolio management - familiar with relevant KPIs and how to steer a portfolio
- Customer centric approach
- Established network of brokers / intermediaries
- Travel across Europe and regularly to London
- Willingness to learn and share: Capturing new risk developments rapidly and work closely with colleagues around the world.
- Multi-lingual (fluent English and at least one other European languages)
- Analytical - able to perform Financial Statement Analysis, capture the legal, economic and social environment of our clients.
- Technical underwriting - ability to determine the appropriate scope and coverage required based on risk analysis
- Communication (oral) -articulate with the ability to be concisely and accurate in communications
- Communication (written) - ability to write clear, precise and well organised reports
- Collaboration - readily share knowledge and keen to participate in conferral-based discussions
- Relationship building - establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external parties
- Organisational Skills - provide support, deliver on tasks and meet deadlines
- Legal and Compliance - good knowledge of legal and compliance issues affecting the insurance industry;
- Prioritisation and attention to detail - must have excellent skills in both of these competencies.
- Requires bachelor's degree or equivalent professional qualifications / relevant experience
- Technical underwriting and an understanding of wordings preferably acquired in an insurance company underwriting environment
- Strong commercial skills with the ability to interact confidently with business colleagues and management based worldwide
- Proficient in Excel, Access, Word and Powerpoint
- 5+ years of underwriting experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top