Senior Financial Analyst
- San Antonio, TX
Senior Financial Analyst
Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities. At Argo Group, we leverage the success, discipline and expertise of our people and an understanding of our customers' needs to provide a diverse portfolio of products and services. This approach helps those we insure drive down their ultimate cost through prevention and aggressive claims handling. Simply stated, our products and services help keep businesses in business.
Argo Group currently has a challenging opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst located in San Antonio, TX. This self-motivated individual will support the planning, forecasting and analysis of financial activities related to our Corporate IT departments and report to Corporate FP&A.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Financial planning, including quarterly forecasting, annual and multi-year business plans
- Gather data and perform analytical review of actual results versus budget, forecast, and prior year at varying levels of the organization and across different information systems for functions and business segments.
- Assist in analyzing performance results and developing insight on trends.
- Summarizing results and providing findings to regular interaction with business department leaders across Argo Group , communicating a clear point of view.
- Work closely with business teams to create financial models that provide intelligence for key business decisions in a timely, accurate and actionable manner.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects and priorities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, Accounting or Finance. MBA preferred.
- Experience building complex and dynamic ad hoc models, clearly identifying assumptions, rates and volume drivers.
- 5+ years of experience in planning, forecasting and financial modeling.
- Strong relationship building, interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
- Track record of working with business owners to develop and define key business questions and build datasets to answer those questions.
- Experience with Oracle, Cognos BI and Cognos Planning or Hyperion is preferred.
- Property & Casualty insurance industry experience is preferred.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Proficient in the use of computer programs, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
In addition, you will share in those core values which are key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top