Reserving Actuary - Reinsurance Operations
- London, United Kingdom
Main Purpose of Role
Assist in evaluating the Reinsurance segment Gross, Ceded and Net reserves including losses and related premium movements, technical provisions, data collection, reporting of results and the miscellaneous activities performed by the reserving area.
- Being part of the interaction with the Reinsurance Segment Underwriting, Claims, Ceded Re and Finance groups to discuss/communicate reserve related items. These teams are situated in London, New York and Bermuda.
- Assisting and Preparing assessment of Gross and Net reserves for the Reinsurance Segment.
- Preparation of materials for the Syndicate 1910 reserve committee and reserve analysis meetings.
- Continued improvement of data, processes and reports to increase the efficiency of the close process and associated reporting.
- Assisting calculation of Technical Provisions to meet Solvency II reporting requirements
- Support management of SAO relationships by preparing and providing information to outside consultants.
- Other miscellaneous items associated with reserving for the Reinsurance segment
- Support the ongoing Reserving Project to develop one efficient reserving process for the Reinsurance Segment.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and committed individual/team work ethic
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good team player and ability to motivate others
- Ownership of delivery quality and take accountability for own work
- Project management experience of dealing with multi-disciplinary teams
- Preferably FIA newly qualified or part qualified (discontinued exams)
Technical Skills & Experience
- Approximately 7 years General Insurance experience, with preferably 5 years specifically in reserving and/or Technical Provision reporting. Lloyd's reserving experience is desirable but not necessary.
- VBA, Access and data warehouse systems experience desirable but not necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top