Professional Lines Underwriter
Main Purpose of Role
Secure the existing book of business that ARGO has in Eastern Europe and to generate new opportunities and establish new brokers relationships.
- Take on the existing accounts and continue to build this business with brokers and other business partners.
- Identitfy and monitor binder and MGA's opportunities.
- Risk assessment and classification
- generate insurance proposals appropriate for the client's risk profile
- ensure adherence to all guidelines and procedures set by Prof Lines management
- Schedule visits to clients and brokers alike in all of AGSE's target markets to enhance the quality of the risk analysis and ensure proper risk selection practices
- adhere to all standards set by auditing procedures to take a lead role in ensuring contract certainty for AGSE business
Team Player - ability to work well in a team as well as on own initiative.
Willingness to learn and share: Capturing new risk developments rapidly and work closely with colleagues around the world.
- Analytical skills - able to perform Financial Statement Analysis, capture the legal, economic and social environment of our clients.
- Determine the appropriate scope of insurance cover based on the findings of the risk analysis
- Communication (oral) - ability to communicate well with brokers/ clients as well as internally
- Collaboration: readily share knowledge
- Communication (written) - ability to write clear, precise and well organised risk reports
- Relationship building - establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external parties;
- Organisational Skills - provide support, deliver on tasks and meet deadlines;
- Legal and Compliance - good knowledge of legal and compliance issues affecting the insurance industry;
- Prioritisation and attention to detail - must have excellent skills in both of these competencies.
Qualifications, Technical skills & Experience
- Technical understanding of insurance wordings acquired in an insurance environment (preferably
- proven experience of working within a risk analysis function
- Professional qualifications: business degree: experience with legal matters
- European language skills
- Strong commercial skills and ability to interact confidently with business colleagues and management based worldwide
- MS Office, Word and Excel proficient.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top