- London, United Kingdom
Main Purpose of Role
To work as part of the actuarial team providing pricing support to the underwriting team, advising on risk selection and supporting business reporting needs.
- Develop, review and enhance the pricing models for each line of business including price monitoring.
- Utilise knowledge of the market to adapt pricing techniques in order to achieve organisational targets.
- Develop rate adequacy analysis by line of business, class and/or individual risk.
- Support the underwriters to assess pricing adequacy on individual accounts both open market and binders.
- Explore and implement advanced pricing methods in collaboration with the predictive analytics team.
- Build effective working relationships with the Underwriting department, providing training and support to underwriting teams where necessary.
- Examine historic loss information (internal and external data) across the portfolios to enhance the performance of the accounts.
- Assist with the parameterisation of the internal model.
- Ad hoc analyses to support management as required.
- Manage and collaborate group wide pricing projects.
- Customer focus: Establishes partner relationship with stakeholders - especially senior underwriters. Visible & accessible to clients.
- Communication: Communicates well one on one, in small groups and public speaking. Fluent, quick on feet, command of language. Keeps people informed. Writes clear, precise, well-organised documents using appropriate vocabulary, grammar & word usage.
- Strategic skills - Determines opportunities & threats through comprehensive analysis of current & future trends. Comprehends the big picture.
- Judgement / decision making: Consistent rationality & objectivity in decision making.
- Flexibility: Respond to demand for actuarial support across the organisation.
- Student Actuary of the Institute of Actuaries making good progress with CT exams.
- 2:1 in a highly numerate degree.
- Grade A at A-Level Mathematics.
- Minimum 2 years actuarial experience.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Experience of working within the London General Insurance market.
- Knowledge and experience in actuarial pricing.
- Excellent Excel, VBA and Access skills.
- Experience using R and SQL desirable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top