- London, United Kingdom
Main Purpose of Role
The Peer Reviewer will be responsible for undertaking quarterly qualitative peer reviews for the entire International Claims Teams and for ensuring the results are fed back into objective setting, appraisal and continual training and development for Claims Specialists, as well as ensuring delivery of an exceptional standard of claims performance and service whilst meeting all applicable regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Taking ownership of the internal Claims peer review process, ensuring that the work conforms to the relevant guidelines and the Peer Reviewer's objective judgment, and that it is designed to best assess claims performance and compliance with the control framework.
- Ensuring the Claims Teams are adopting the same Claims Philosophy across all of business units and that we are delivering an exceptional standard of claims performance and service.
- Producing written reports identifying good practice in all aspects of claims handling, including reserving decisions and areas for process improvement, file management and data accuracy.
- Working closely with Claims Mangers to identify training needs based on the results of the review and working with the Claims Counsel to develop and provide such training.
- Ensuring any necessary process changes are identified, designing process changes and working with the Claims Counsel to implement them in a timely manner to address any issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of claims handling in Lloyd's and Company markets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to draft in clear and concise manner
- Ability to challenge and develop best practices
- Ability to develop good working relationships with a variety of internal stakeholders
- Team player but with an ability to work independently
- Enthusiastic to share knowledge and experience with colleagues, ideally in a mentoring/coaching role
- Direct claims handling experience from time spent working in-house in a claims team or very closely with one
- Legal background desirable
- Proven experience with an audit role preferable
- Extensive experience of Lloyd's and/or Company insurance market
- Strong presentation skills and experience delivering/developing training
- Track record of designing/implementing best practice
- Full time role but will consider job share or flexible working applications
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top