Marketing and Distribution Manager, Argo Construction
- New York, NY
Marketing and Distribution Manager, Argo Construction
Argo Group is currently seeking a Marketing and Distribution Manager responsible for executing overall marketing strategy for its newly formed Argo Construction unit. The Manager will play a key role in driving the units' marketing and distribution strategies. A client-facing role, the manager will interact regularly with Argo Construction distribution partners, actively managing the relationships including new appointments, progress reporting and terminations.
The ideal candidate should have an understanding of construction risk management, demonstrate a sales orientation including a desire to win, solid marketing and communications planning and project management skills, strong customer service and problem solving abilities, and a focus on data-based decision making, metrics and reporting.
- Marketing Management:
- Work closely with marketing manager and business unit leadership to execute marketing initiatives that enhance relationships with Argo Construction distribution partners.
- Proactively capture client feedback and competitive intelligence to support product development and continuously refine the business units' value proposition and opportunities for growth.
- Support cultivation of a sales culture throughout business unit.
- Collaborate with business unit and marketing team on campaign development and management; educational, entertainment, and incentive events; advertising; collateral development; digital and social media strategy, etc., acting in the role of strategist and project manager.
- Coordinate with Marketing Manager and business unit leaders on execution of major conference strategies, including scheduling, producer packets, events, marketing communications, presentations, and follow up.
- Track, measure and drive marketing ROI
- Distribution Management:
- Interacts with distribution partners and actively manages the relationships in support of Argo Construction.
- Proactively drives Argo Construction's distribution management strategy.
- Manages the new appointment process, drives new producer onboarding, ongoing progress reporting, performance management and personally handling terminations, in support of Argo Construction.
- Executes on client appreciation initiative with local offices.
- Reviews the producer data report monthly, identifying trends, opportunities, and concerns; initiates proactive actions in support of the broader assigned BU strategy.
- Evaluates customer research, market conditions, competitor data and actively partners with Argo Construction in advancing a sales oriented and client focused approach to producer management and product development.
- Actively seeks ways to incentivize distribution partners to expand their relationships with Argo Group.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University in Marketing, Business or related field
- 3+ years insurance experience
- 5+ years in marketing/communications role strongly preferred
- Specialized knowledge of construction industry preferred
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skill-set, including ability to analyze data and gain insights and provide direction
- Ability to think strategically and "out-of-the-box"
- Working within a matrixed environment - Ability to interface and work collaboratively and communicating with colleagues and management at various levels within an organization
- Experience designing and building marketing strategies and ability to establish, develop, implement and execute marketing plans
- Willingness to travel 30-40%.
What will we provide to you?
- An opportunity to be your best and work with talented and inventive professionals at a Company Forbes magazine named to its list of America's 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies for the last two years and that A.M. Best has rated an 'A' (Excellent) for 13 consecutive years.
- An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents' lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, a matching 401(k) Plan, generous PTO and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning and which, by the way, got us named in Training magazine as one of the 2017 Training Top 125 Companies!
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%
- An Employee Referral program, that resulted in 30% of all new hires last year
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top