- San Antonio, TX
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long term success - so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. Within our Office Services Department we are looking for a Mailroom Assistant working from our exciting downtown San Antonio office. This is a position that requires high attention to detail in a fast paced environment and a willingness to provide excellent customer service.
What does a Mailroom Assistant Team Member's day to day duties look like:
- Provides mailroom services which include: mail sorting and scanning.
- Delivers all inter-office mail to employees in the San Antonio Corporate Office
- Sorts, logs, tracks and delivers all received packages to various departments inside the office
- Meters and processes local outgoing mail.
- Processes all returned mail
- Assists Office Services operations as needed
- Provides backup switchboard/receptionist coverage as needed
- Operates office machines related to mailing processes (envelope sealing machines, postage meters, letter openers, etc.)
- Performs data entry
- Maintain files and records according to the Record Retention Policy
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What's required for the position:
- High School Degree/Diploma or equivalent (Associates Degree is preferred)
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills
- One or more years of general office experience.
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to collect and organize information
In addition, you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
If you have these preferred skills, that is even better:
- Experience with Image Right scanner a plus
- Experience with personal computers and key entry skills
- Experience handling confidential documents
- Professional written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in MS Outlook and Excel
- Experience in the operation of general office equipment
- Ability to prioritize work load and possess multi-tasking skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- A self-starter, highly motivated individual with exceptional customer service
- Ability to exercise sound judgement
- Ability to work independently with minimum direct supervision
What are the PHYSICAL DEMANDS for the positon: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Occasional = Up to 3 hours/day; Frequent = 3 to 6 hours/day; Constant = 6 to 8+ hours/day
- Constant use of hands and fingers to handle or feel.
- Frequent reach with hands and arms; talk and listen; stand and walk.
- Frequent sitting.
- Frequent bending and twisting at the waist to push, pull, lift and/or move items.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of items weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Occasional lifting and carrying of items weighing between 16-25 pounds
- Regular attendance is required.
What is the WORK ENVIRONMENT for the position: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Office environment with low/moderate noise, which increases when mailroom equipment is in operation (inserter, postage machine, envelope opener).
- Preferred Hours of work are 6:30 am - 3:00 pm M-TU and 8:00 am - 5:00 pm W-F
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization. Argo Group offers competitive pay and benefits that protect and enhance the lives of employees and their eligible dependents by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, savings and investment opportunities, adoption assistance, education assistance, and matching gifts for education and charitable causes, just to name a few.
Come join the World Class Leader in Global Specialty Insurance and build your career here! And don't forget to tell your friends, we have a fantastic Employee Referral Program too!
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top