IT Senior Project Manager
- San Antonio, TX
Senior Project Manager
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long term success - so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. Argo Group US currently has a challenging opportunity for a IT Senior Project Manager located in our San Antonio TX, office. This enthusiastic, self-motivated individual will be part of a team-oriented environment in the Information Technology Department.
This role is responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. The IT Senior Project Manager will take projects from original concept through final implementation and will assist in formulating and defining systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with a basic understanding of business systems and industry requirements. This position will also be responsible for scope, time and cost estimates, and the implementation of major enhancements and upgrades. The IT Senior Project Manager will consult with individuals in other information systems sections to coordinate activities and conduct project meetings with responsibility for project tracking and analysis.
What does a Senior Project Manager's day to day duties look like:
- Under general supervision, oversees various system projects of a highly complex nature.
- Effectively manages concurrent application development projects and multi-task
- Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Creates and maintains essential project documentation, such as Communication Plan, Risk Management Plan, Roles/Responsibilities Matrix and Issues Log
- Manages resources in a cross-functional environment and proactively coordinate resource allocation and production releases with other Project Managers
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team
- Establishes positive relationships with business customers and provides recommendations to improve process efficiencies
- Actively manages risks and issues for assigned projects and when necessary, escalates issues to management's attention for guidance and assistance in reaching a resolution
- Other duties as required.
What's required for the position:
- BA / BS Degree with preference towards Business, Computer Science, or Information Systems
- At least 8 years of Project Management experience leading multi-discipline project teams
- Must have excellent Project Management skills with a proven track record in delivering projects on schedule and within budget
- Must have good business acumen
- Customer focused attitude in dealing with internal customers
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading teams using Agile methodology
In addition, you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
If you have these preferred skills that is even better:
- Work experience in the Property and Casualty insurance business environment preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Agile Scrum Master experience, or Agile Coaching
What will we provide to you?
- An opportunity to be your best and to work with talented and inventive professionals at a Company Forbes magazine named to its list of America's 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies for the last two years and that A.M. Best has rated an 'A' (Excellent) for thirteen consecutive years.
- An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents' lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, a matching 401(k) Plan, generous PTO an opportunity to become a shareholder at 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning and which, by the way, go us named in Training magazine as one of the 2017 Training Top 125 Companies.
- Opportunities to support your local community through various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes at 150%.
- An Employee Referral program, that resulted in 30% of all new hires last year.
Who are we?
Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality Commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities. At Argo Group, we leverage the success, discipline and expertise of our people and an understanding of our customers' needs to provide a diverse portfolio of products and services. This approach helps those we insure drive down their ultimate costs through prevention and aggressive claims handling. Simply stated, our products and services help keep businesses in business.
Come join the World Class Leader in Global Specialty Insurance and build your career here! And don't forget to tell your friends, we have a fantastic Employee Referral Program too!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top