IT Manager, Financial Control Group
- Chicago, IL
IT Manager, Financial Control Group to be responsible for all aspects of the IT portions of the Company's internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR). The position will assess the design and operating effectiveness of the company's ICFR through walkthrough and independent testing procedures. The position will also be responsible to train control owners on ICFR and will promote and enforce standardization of controls across the enterprise.
- SOX Compliance ITGC Testing experience and willingness to continue this hands-on task within a management role as well
- Must be comfortable with daily contact with IT, both on formal and informal terms to help IT understand what potential risks are at hand
- Assesses internal controls over financial reporting as part of the company's ongoing Sarbanes Oxley compliance efforts; manages the preparation and maintenance efforts for all internal control documentation including detailed process flowcharts, outlining the controls within the transaction stream from initiation to completion ensuring they are appropriate, complete and as efficient as possible; develops and updates test work papers for key controls to ensure they properly assess the design and effectiveness of controls.
- Provides remediation support; develops the plan of controls to be tested; reviews internal control test work papers completed and communicates testing results to control owners; prepares necessary reports, for AVP, around testing results and noted deficiencies/recommendations; monitors the remediations around control weaknesses to ensure timely resolution.
- Establishes cooperative and sustainable relationships with business, IT and functional leaders and team members in other risk, compliance and process improvement functions
- Trains, supervises and coaches staff and or co-source resources
- Provides information as requested by external auditors
- Communicates with management on project planning, issue identification and recommendations
- Partner and coordinate with external auditors, management, and other testing/audit groups to best address relevant risks to the Company, improve the Company's control environment, reduce redundant testing, and anticipate future team requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Information Systems, or Information Technology required
- Five or more years of related work experience in IT controls-based auditing required with SOX and Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Insurance industry or financial services industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Two or more years of people leader or supervisory experience required
- CPA license or CISA certification preferred
- Detailed knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and the COSO framework
- The ability to multi-task; capable of meeting deadlines. Good organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible in a changing and demanding environment. Demonstrated skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook).
- Polished and professional written and verbal communication skills, including active listening skills and oral presentation skills. The ability to read and write English fluently is required.
- Ability to travel, sometimes overnight, approximately 10% of the time.
To all recruitment agencies:
Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees.
Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top