D&O Senior Underwriter
- Alpharetta, GA
Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality Commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities. Our experienced underwriting team is dedicated to providing effective solutions for all types of companies. We hire the best people, so we can deliver the best solutions.
We are looking for a highly capable D&O Senior Underwriter to join our team and work from our Alpharetta (GA) office. This is a production underwriting position responsible for establishing broker relationships, underwriting, and processing of Directors and Officers (D&O) lines of business in the Southeast Region.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Underwrite and analyze new business and renewal submissions. Products include primary and excess: D&O, EPL, ML, Fiduciary and crime lines.
- Ensure our marketing initiatives are achieved and that consistent communication of our products and services are provided to our appointed brokers.
- Assist regional manager and product leaders in further developing existing broker relations as well as establish new relationships to attract business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a submission pipeline sufficient to achieve overall production and business mix objectives.
- Participate in special projects and assignments as requested.
- Actively participate in client and broker meetings, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Core qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and at least five years' related underwriting experience. Experience in D&O, EPL, ML, Fiduciary and crime, or FI lines beneficial but not required.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Excellent organization skills, very strong analytical, oral and written communication skills required.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines is essential.
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills and a professional attitude needed.
- Must be able to quickly evaluate the accuracy of data and information.
- Ability to interact and communicate with various levels of the organization to cross sell or address processing requirements.
- Ability to work independently with guidance and procedures provided.
- Ability to travel as needed to establish and maintain broker relationships in the region.
In addition, you'll want to make sure you embody our core values as they are how we get the job done:
• The entrepreneurial spirit
• Doing the right thing
• Respecting each other
We offer our employees:
- An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents' lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, a matching 401(k) Plan, generous PTO, Paid Caregiver Leave, Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks), and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning and which got us named in Training magazine as one of the Training Top 125 Companies.
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%.
- A lucrative Employee Referral program that resulted in 30% of all new hires last year.
- Flexible Work Arrangements that include Compressed Hours, Flex time, Job-Sharing, Part-Time and Remote or Home Working, Sabbatical Leave and Summer Hours that give our employees the balance they need to excel at their jobs.
About Argo Group
- We have a very flat organizational structure, enabling our employees have more interaction with our senior management team, especially when it relates to reviewing large losses.
- We believe in building an inclusive and diverse team, and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top