Ceded Re Operations Manager
Reports to (Role)
Group Head of Ceded Re
Main Purpose of Role
This position manages all operational aspects of ceded reinsurance and third party capital transactions across Argo Group. This position is focused on full transparency of the ceded related figures within the organization and identifies opportunities for improving processes including process re-engineering, working with business users and IT.
- Point person for all ceded operational, financial and accounting queries.
- Ensure data accuracy, including coordination of reconciliation of the treaty results with accounting team to confirm that the ceded results agree to the terms of the ceded agreements for the businesses.
- Design and maintain documentation for communicating reinsurance and third party capital transactions for internal and external parties.
- Manage internal and external audit for year end, quarterly reporting, and SOX control reviews.
- Provide expertise and/or assistance in establishing GAAP and YOA financial projections for ceded transactions and strategies. Collaborate with finance to assess impact of ceded transaction changes.
- Maintain SOX control documentation including treaty set-up documentation, reinsurer ratings, source system data reconciliation to ceded systems, and treaty population completeness controls.
- Assist with reports and data for regulatory requirements, including Solvency II, Schedule F, Lloyd's SBF.
- Design and production of materials for Group Reinsurance and Group Security Committees, responsibility for monitoring issues and developing processes that mitigate counterparty risk.
- Liaise with brokers, business unit heads, ceded re and IT to develop audit processes and coordinate counterparty audits.
Role Requirements: Qualifications / Skills / Competencies / Technical Skills / Experience
- College Degree or related equivalent work experience.
- Five to ten years of related work experience in a financial services with mandatory industry experience, whether primary, broker or reinsurance.
- Strong understanding of Ceded Reinsurance and/or Retrocessional covers - - including understanding the workings of both Treaty and Facultative reinsurance.
- Solid understanding of ceded contractual wording.
- Solid understanding of regulatory requirements (NAIC, US GAAP, Solvency ll and Lloyd's Reporting Requirements) along with strong understanding of SOX and regulatory compliance.
- Adaptable and willing to manage projects with minimal supervision in order to support management objectives as well as ability to think intuitively.
- Strong computer skills required; Excel, database experience, working knowledge of Sapiens, Xuber, Elgar or similar reinsurance accounting systems and ledger systems preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly whether in oral or written form.
- Candidate must be flexible; team-oriented and have strong administrative skills that include ability to prioritize and multi-task.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.