Catastrophe Risk Modeling Analyst
- Denver, CO
Catastrophe Risk Modeling Analyst - Delegated / Portfolio Businesses
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long-term success - so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. Argo Group US currently has a challenging opportunity for a Risk Modeling Analyst located in our Denver, CO, Scottsdale, AZ or Alpharetta, GA office.
This enthusiastic, self-motivated individual will be part of a team-oriented environment in the Risk Analytics Department. The role uses cutting edge technology in a collaborative environment while striving at all times to develop solutions and present ideas that align with our clients' core philosophy of profitable growth. You will work together with the team to assist in pricing, portfolio management and reinsurance decision making. The Modeling Analyst will also participate in the development of models and techniques to facilitate the forecasting of key elements of Argo's portfolio while utilizing database analytics.
What does a Risk Modeling Analyst's day to day duties look like:
- Perform catastrophe risk analytics and provide business insights for our delegated authority and portfolio underwritten businesses in the US.
- Collaborate with Actuarial, Predictive Modeling teams to drive improvements in Pricing, Risk Selection models.
- Ensure that all appropriate data is captured in the Property Data Warehouse in a complete, timely, and accurate fashion.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of pre-underwriting modeling requests.
- Validate the accuracy of risk level data and adjusting the data as necessary.
- Support the development of tools and processes to capture and assess non-modelled perils as directed by Argo US or Group Management.
- Complete Regulatory and Outwards Reinsurance modeling submissions as required.
- Ensure that Argo US modeling adheres to Group Exposure Management standards
- Create modeled Pro Forma portfolios for Business Planning Purposes.
- Produce modeled losses in the period before, and after a significant Catastrophe.
- Attend industry conferences and transfer knowledge to the risk modeling department on current best practice.
What's required for the position:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field - or a combination of education, training and experience that equates to the required degree.
- Strong mathematical/statistical, modeling, technical background.
- Extensive Cat Modeling and Risk Analytics experience.
- Fluent in a variety of third-party Catastrophe Risk models, RMS essential
- Strong programming and technical skills e.g. SQL, Python, R
- Excellent Excel skills
- Actuarial/technical pricing knowledge a plus
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders hierarchically and geographically
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication - both oral and written are a must.
- Relationship building - establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Organizational skills - ability to deliver on tasks and meet deadlines
- Problem solving - ability to solve issues quickly and efficiently
- Prioritization and attention to detail - ability to plan work efficiently with minimum errors is fundamental
- Results orientated - demonstrable evidence of delivering results
- Team player - ability to work well in a team as well as on own initiative
- Ability to acquire, understand and absorb information quickly
- Ability to travel
In addition, you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization. Argo Group offers competitive pay and benefits that protect and enhance the lives of employees and their eligible dependents by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, savings and investment opportunities, adoption assistance, education assistance, and matching gifts for education and charitable causes, just to name a few.
Come join the World Class Leader in Global Specialty Insurance and build your career here! And don't forget to tell your friends, we have a fantastic Employee Referral Program too!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top