Vice President, Manufacturing
Argen Corporation currently has an exciting opportunity for a Vice President, Manufacturing, to join a growing, technology-focused and service-oriented team. If you are passionate about sourcing and securing highly qualified talent at all levels of the organization, thrive in a fast- paced and dynamic environment, and want to be a part of an organization with an unwavering commitment to quality dental solutions, then explore our career opportunities and get to know Argen.
Argen is a family-owned and privately held company based in San Diego, CA with a state-of-the-art manufacturing center that provides high quality dental solutions to dental labs of all sizes. Founded as a precious metals company in South Africa, Argen has evolved into a dynamic, technology-based manufacturing organization focused on three key business segments, including dental alloys, zirconia, and digital dentistry solutions. Argen continues to invest in innovative research and development, continually improving on our current products and developing new solutions for the dental industry. Argen provides our global customers with affordable, high-performance products and industry-leading customer service. Argen's products are FDA regulated and ISO certified.
About the Opportunity
The Vice President, Manufacturing is responsible for leading all aspects of the Manufacturing activities including company strategy and day to day operations from development through commercial production. This role will be responsible for the overall operations success of Argen's entire portfolio of products by setting overall direction, ensuring that timelines are met and resources are effectively managed. This position utilizes Lean Manufacturing and 6-Sigma principles to bring up, maintain, and continually improve in-house production and with our suppliers and contract manufacturers.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
• Oversees manufacturing operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, customer satisfaction and cost effective management of resources.
• Responsible for day to day management of the business to achieve the budgeted operating profit and working capital targets
• Works closely with the senior leadership team to develop, implement, and communicate the operations strategy
• Identifies, recommends, and implements processes (ie. lead and 6-sigma), technologies, and systems to continuously improve product and service quality as well as operational effectiveness and efficiency
• Develops and implements proactive strategies for manufacturing assembly, designing process flow and implementing control systems. Focused on improvements first, then leading innovation and new strategies.
• Develops and implements a three-year plan in line with the company objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth
• Develops and present performance reports and metrics to the leadership team members
• Manages each phase of manufacturing - from pilot production and low to high volume manufacturing.
• Oversees all aspects of the site pertaining to waste minimization, yield maximization, labor utilization, and optimization of the business through effective planning.
• Develops comprehensive operating plans and budget requirements that contribute to the achievement of the business and financial goals each year.
• Develops and maintains clear dashboards that provides clear insight on operational performance and signals of high risk issues proactively.
• Interfaces with other key areas of business: Engineering, Quality, Marketing, and Finance.
• Establish and implement safety programs in line with company values and policies
• Provides leadership and vision to ensure that development and operational goals are achieved
• Attracts and recruits the brightest, best technical talent and manages and leads them to achieve their maximum potential.
• Develops and leads a culture of learning, respect and employee growth. Establishes the department's strategic vision and mentor the manufacturing ops team towards goal achievement.
• Leads by creating a positive environment of open communication and staff development.
• Provides continuous and timely performance feedback to direct reports, including coaching on performance management and professional advancement.
• Provides employee recognitions for accomplishments in a thoughtful and timely manner.
• Delegates work assignments to staff as appropriate, considering employee strengths and expertise to address associated tasks.
• Mentors individuals, based on individual needs, to meet current job expectations and career goals.
• Promotes adaptation and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment. Acts as a change leader through team building and influence. Willingness to make difficult or unpopular decisions when warranted.
• Oversees manufacturing incidents and investigations, corrective and preventive actions (CAPA), process variances and deviations.
• Ensures completion of manufacturing change controls, CAPAs, and deviations.
• Ensures that facilities are inspection-ready, including staff compliance with cGMP and all related elements such as documentation (standard operating procedures [SOP] and validation protocols etc.), training, reports and records.
• Ensures compliance with all appropriate regulatory authorities to include FDA, State of CA, ISO requirements, etc.
• Make decisions, that will at times be difficult and/or unpopular, that support and drive the organization strategy; influences others to support the decisions. Fosters personal courage in others.
• Ensures plans are in place to meet and exceed goals while providing motivation and inspiration.
• Ensures results are achieved by providing resources, removing obstacles and helping others envision the end result.
• Other duties as assigned.
What does it take to be a qualified candidate?
• Seven plus years of successful senior operations management experience in a multi-location manufacturing and distribution environment with strong experience in engineering, manufacturing, operations or related areas.
• Proven ability to develop, implement, and lead successful strategies and tactics to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency (lean management)
• Experience in Lean & Six Sigma methodologies a plus
• Proven ability to build strong, effective relationships with external partners and internal stakeholders
• Possesses leadership qualities and leads a manufacturing team in achieving results in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
• Possesses leadership qualities such as self-awareness, team focus, ability to translate learning into action, and train others to do so, as well as drive success.
• Team player/builder; good coach and able to assist people with adjusting to change. Must possess a "can-do" attitude.
• Experienced communicator/presenter of technical information with a quality focus to internal as well as external partners.
• Must be well organized and possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple areas of responsibility concurrently.
• Must be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
• Results and goal oriented; a true professional who can deliver on budget and on time.
• Ability and desire to be proactive not just reactive; a questioning mindset.
• A creative thinker; one who looks for new and innovative ways of doing things
• Knowledge of cGMP regulations ISO 13485, 21CFR Part 820, CMDR SOR/98-282, 93/42/EEC, RDC 16 2013, MHLW MO 169 and TG(MD)R Sch3 preferred.
Our Awesome Benefits!
Working for a growing innovative company like Argen means exciting opportunities for training and learning, career development and advancement from only the best in the dental industry. With all that hard work, Argen is committed to ensuring the welfare of its employees and provides an amazing benefit package that includes:
• Medical, dental and vision Plans
• 401k with Employer Match
• Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
• Employee Events
• Wellness Programs
• Discounts for home, travel, entertainment, relaxation that includes Mobile phone service, Technology, Airline and Hotel, Theater/Theme Park tickets, Restaurants and so much more!
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Vice President, Manufacturing