VP of Manufacturing
The ArgenCorporation is dedicated to improving people's lives through innovativeservices and products for dentistry. As the world leaderin the manufacturing of dental alloys and industry front runner in digitaldental additive and subtractive manufacturing,Argen has made strategic investments in 3D printing and othertechnologies. Positioning itself as the ultimate provider of digitalsolutions to dental labs of all sizes. We are a well-established andgrowing family-owned business in a stable and prosperous industry. Our teammaintains the highest levels of integrity and drive. As the world leader, wecontinue to grow our business and are seeking a qualified VP of Manufacturingto join our leadership team located in San Diego, CA.
The VP of Manufacturingreports to the CEO and will be a member of the Argen's leadership team. As amember of the leadership team, the VP of Manufacturing will be a steward ofthe Company and participate in strategic and operational planning at thehighest levels. This position will focus on delivering high qualityproducts to dental labs using digital workflow manufacturing andwill be specifically responsible for manufacturing operations, process improvement, inventory control, EH&S,security, quality control, planning, scheduling, and management ofmanufacturing staff at multiple locations. Our production environment utilizes technologyadvancements which includes Selective Laser Melting, 3D Printing, Scanners, andMills. Our production also includes many product finishing processes thatare completed by the skilled staff at Argen.
EssentialDuties and Responsibilities
- Leads and directs the Manufacturing Operations, to obtain optimumproductivity, quality and on-time delivery.
- Develops and implements short-term and long-term plans that alignwith company strategy to achievement of business goals.
- Clears road blocks to help accomplish subordinate management andteams to reach goals
- Leads safety program, Ensures a mindset of safety is prevalent onthe manufacturing floor
- Ensures that manufacturing processes are optimized for eachproduct, and that process controls is in place
- Provides general logistics support to manufacturing floor such asprocessing material requisitions, sub-assembly paperwork closure and materialrelocation
- Designs, implements and leads best-in-class business processincluding manufacturing systems optimization and automation, customersatisfaction and quality improvements
- Oversees technical and professional development of theManufacturing Operations function
- Leads and directs work for team of employees as defined bybusiness needs
- Manages staff selection, performance, development and trainingprocesses to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the businessgoals and expectations
- Proactively implements workforce changes etc. to maintain andimprove efficiency and meet production demands
- Monitors quality control throughout the production cycle. Ensuresproduct quality meets company standards at each point of the operation.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 - 10+ years manufacturing or plant management experience, preferably in regulated industry (e.g., FDA, ISO)
- 5 - 10+ years material and production scheduling, process manufacturing, preferred
- LEAN Manufacturing exp. preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and management capabilities
- Engaged and hands-on management style. Consistently exercises sound independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with many stakeholders
- ERP experience
- Data-driven and analytical decision-making skills
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Meet Some of Argen Corporation's Employees
Lead Digital Production Technician
As a lead digital production technician, Roy is in charge of digitally transferring customer files from the web to 3D printers, ensuring operations start and production completes on schedule.
Back to top